Cops mugged, robbed by villagers in SiberiaAugust 20th, 2012 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 20 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Local residents angry at an inspection beat up and mugged and shot at drug control policemen in Russia’s Siberia region, officials said Monday.
Three officers of the Federal Drug Control Service were on a routine monitoring visit to Podlopatki in Buryatia region Aug 18, when a resident offered resistance during a search and called on his friends for help.
“Several aggressive young men” came to his rescue. The officers got in their car and attempted to leave the village without entering into conflict.
But in the ensuing chase, the locals shot out the tires of the vehicle.
Then, after blocking it on the roadside, the men beat the officers and stole money, mobile phones and IDs from them.
- Policeman kidnapped in Russia - Aug 24, 2012
- Bridge stolen in Poland, sold for scrap - Feb 28, 2012
- To escape rape, Russian woman jumps from fourth floor - Jul 06, 2012
- Olympic hockey: Australia beat Britain to win bronze - Aug 12, 2012
- Russian ex-official involved in $10 mn fraud - Jun 05, 2012
- Russian woman jailed for killing 17 - Jun 04, 2012
- Olympic volleyball: Russia defeat Bulgaria to reach final - Aug 10, 2012
- Man asks Kremlin for salary arrears, detained - Jul 13, 2011
- Medvedev holds talks with Kim Jong-il - Aug 24, 2011
- US, Russia, Norway to hold joint naval drills - Aug 23, 2012
- Group of Russian brokers arrested in $3.2 bn scam - Nov 28, 2011
- NATO plans new Afghan mission after 2014 - Jun 04, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Varner wins gold for US - Aug 12, 2012
- Holed up militants killed in Russian town - Aug 11, 2011
- Olympics: German duo stroke to canoe gold - Aug 09, 2012