Cops file case after pet cat is shot (Lead)September 20th, 2010 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
Auckland, Sep 20 (IANS) Police in New Zealand have registered a complaint after a pet cat was shot at with an air rifle and left disabled.
The cat’s owner, Lyn Poultney from Tauranga, said the family’s four-year-old cat TJ went missing from their home about a fortnight ago. When TJ limped home four days later, Lyn realised something was wrong.
“He was dragging his front right leg. At first we thought a dog had bitten him.”
Lyn took him to a vet, who told her the bone was shattered in the cat’s leg and the leg would have to be amputated.
“The vet rang back in the afternoon and said TJ hadn’t been bit by a dog - he’d been shot, at close range.”
A lead air rifle pellet was pulled from TJ’s wound, the New Zealand Herald reported.
“You could tell it was shot at close range by looking at the x-ray - you could see where the bits of bone had been smashed by the bullet…I was furious.”
“I’ve lived in this street for 10 years now and there’s never been any problems. Why now? It also makes me worry for my children. If someone could do that to an animal, what’s to stop them firing at one of the kids on their way to school?”
- Cat disabled after being shot at with air rifle - Sep 20, 2010
- Dog mauls four-year-old girl's face - May 28, 2011
- Lucky cat survives being shot three times and hanged - Nov 05, 2010
- Andrew Wilson Suffers Shark Attack While Swimming - Dec 20, 2010
- Another cabbie robbed at knifepoint in New Zealand - Apr 02, 2010
- New Zealand man jailed for stealing orange - Jul 23, 2010
- Oz men shoot each other with air rifles to see if it hurts! - Jun 23, 2010
- Indian shooters unhappy with quality of pellets - Sep 27, 2010
- Meet the cat that survived 27 bullet shots! - Mar 02, 2009
- Amputee cat gets prosthetic legs - Jun 27, 2010
- Doctor at four? Just a case of mistaken identity - Sep 26, 2010
- Man kills puppy with hammer - May 04, 2012
- Cat survives after being shot 13 times in the head with pea rifle! - Sep 22, 2009
- Zsa Zsa Gabor does not know her leg has been amputated - Jan 17, 2011
- Mum saves kids by pinning down attacking dog - Aug 24, 2011