Cop tells off 195mph Ferrari driver for doing just 25mphMay 16th, 2009 - 12:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 16 (ANI): One often hears about people landing themselves in trouble with traffic police for breaking the speed limit, but has anyone ever seen a person being reprimanded for driving slowly.
Well, 58-year-old businessman Denis Evans, of Southerndown, South Wales, is one such man who was stopped in his 195mph Ferrari by a top cop, and told off for going too slowly.
Assistant Chief Constable Nick Croft was off duty when he saw Evans driving his 164,000-pound car at 25mph in a 40mph village zone.
Denis was allowed to go after a roadside check on the car’s ownership.
“I was flabbergasted when he said I wasn’t going fast enough. The road is badly lit, with a nasty bend, and often has sheep on it. I felt 25 was safe,” the Sun quoted him as saying.
Locals in Ogmore-by-Sea want the 40mph limit lowered.
Defending Croft’s move, a police spokeswoman said: “The Assistant Chief Constable was following the Ferrari, which was going very slowly, and he thought, ‘What if it was stolen?’” (ANI)
- Lampard clocked driving at nearly 93mph in a 50mph zone - Feb 25, 2011
- Kids 'fail to detect' cars travelling faster than 20mph - Mar 20, 2011
- Staying alive on Asian roads (The Funny Side) - Jul 20, 2012
- Ferrari 458 Italia Proves To Be Too Hot To Use, Recall Issued! - Sep 06, 2010
- Blind man from UK to drive car at 200 mph - Aug 01, 2010
- 81-yr-old speeding Oz granny was nabbed racing to meet lesbian lover - Jul 09, 2010
- Brazil, Mexico settle dispute over auto exports - Mar 17, 2012
- Cole faces driving ban for speeding at 105 mph - Aug 19, 2010
- Ferrari's ultimate opus super-book comes with a 275,000 dollar price tag! - Mar 24, 2011
- Force India target better qualifying spot at Monaco GP - May 25, 2011
- Pietersen won't be taking yellow Lamborghini for a Melbourne spin - Dec 23, 2010
- Flirting Brit drivers caused almost 1m crashes! - Oct 27, 2010
- Georgia Athletic Director Damon Evans Apologizes For DUI Arrest - Jul 02, 2010
- Abu Dhabi's Ferrari theme park has fastest rollercoaster in the world - Oct 28, 2010
- Chris Evans undergoes pre-cancer operation - Jul 27, 2011