Convicted stalker of Madonna, Halle Berry on runFebruary 11th, 2012 - 12:13 am ICT by IANS
London, Feb 10 (IANS) A 54-year-old man, convicted of stalking pop star Madonna in 1996 and having “very violent tendencies”, has escaped from a psychiatric hospital.
He was jailed for 10 years in 1996, and after his release he was transferred to a hospital and established to be a “mentally disturbed offender”, according to police.
Robert Dewey Hoskins who once scaled a wall at Madonna’s Hollywood home and threatened to cut her throat, walked out of hospital last Friday, the Sun quoted a Los Angeles police spokesman as saying Friday.
He has now reportedly set his sights on Hollywood star Halle Berry, 45, who, according to reports, is planning to flee the US to France with boyfriend Olivier Martinez and daughter Nahla.
“Friends are scared for her life because Robert Hoskins wants to kill her,” said a source.
Police in Los Angeles have started a manhunt for Hoskins, who they describe as “violent and psychotic”.
The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) statement said: “Hoskins is a very psychotic man when not taking his medication and has very violent tendencies.”
Madonna testified at Hoskins’ trial in 1996 that she had recurring nightmares since seeing the homeless drifter near her home in April 1995.
- Halle Berry checks Paris schools for daughter - Mar 23, 2012
- Berry hopes to give daughter European education - Aug 27, 2012
- Halle Berry’s Ex-Beau Gabriel Aubry Files For Joint Custody Of Daughter Nahla - Jan 19, 2011
- Madonna Stalked By An Ex FireFighter - Sep 23, 2010
- Berry keeps shoes for daughter - Apr 21, 2012
- Halle Berry steps out with Olivier Martinez - Apr 20, 2011
- Halle Berry drops out of Broadway due to custody issue - Apr 21, 2011
- Hally Berry dating co-star? - Sep 09, 2010
- Gabriel Aubry has never met ex Halle Berry's new lover - Nov 19, 2010
- Berry shocked by own decision to re-marry - Apr 17, 2012
- Halle Berry missed Oscar ceremony due to injured leg - Feb 27, 2012
- Halle Berry breaks her foot in Spain - Sep 23, 2011
- Berry, Martinez find ways to spend more time together - Oct 27, 2010
- Photographer complains against Oliver Martinez - Dec 05, 2010
- Gabriel Aubry not to be charged for battery - Feb 18, 2012
Tags: angeles police department, drifter, halle berry, hollywood star, lapd, last friday, london feb, manhunt, nahla, nightmares, olivier martinez, police robert, police spokesman, pop star madonna, psychiatric hospital, psychotic man, robert dewey, robert hoskins, stalker, violent tendencies