Convicted motorist escapes community work because of her stilettos!June 14th, 2009 - 11:32 am ICT by ANI
London, June 14 (ANI): A woman who was sentenced for not following traffic rules escaped community service because she could only wear high heels.
Deborah Stallard claimed that flat shoes, compulsory for community service, hurt her feet.
She was sent home when she arrived for work in four-inch heeled boots, which probation staff said were a hazard.
The 47-year-old, from Paignton, south Devon, was resentenced at Torquay Magistrates Court, as she couldn’t wear flat shoes.
Originally, the mother-of-two was given an 80-hour community service order because she failed to stop and report an accident, and even failed to provide a breath or blood sample.
The magistrates heard medical evidence supporting the shop assistant’s claim and hence replaced her sentence with a six-month curfew order.
“The report pretty much stated because of habit of wearing heels for so long her achilles tendon has shortened, so when she doesn’t wear heels she is in pain,” Sky News quoted Heidi Randle, legal proceedings officer for the National Probation Service, as saying.
While talking to reporters outside the court, Stallard, who wore a knee-length white jacket and black heels throughout the hearing, said she was considering an appeal.
“It’s a bit harsh. I can’t believe I’m going to be electronically tagged. It’s really unfair and I am going to talk to my solicitor about appealing,” she said. (ANI)
- Pretty shoes can create ugly feet for women - May 23, 2011
- Why walking flat-footed hurts habitual high-heel wearers - Jul 16, 2010
- High heels results in injuries - Nov 07, 2010
- 'Killer high heels' have injured 3mn women! - Nov 06, 2010
- High heels injure over 3 million women - Nov 07, 2010
- Watch your step - with high heels - May 20, 2010
- Katie Holmes defends daughter's love for high heels - Dec 01, 2009
- I never wear flats, says Cole - Jul 05, 2012
- Shoes With Heels Of 9-Inches, Titled 'Sky Heel', To Emerge In The Market Soon - Nov 16, 2010
- Woman microwaves kitten, hauled before court - Jul 09, 2011
- Running barefoot better for health than with shoes - Apr 27, 2011
- Cannon gets 'high-heel queen' Mariah Carey to wear flats! - Nov 01, 2010
- Christina Hendricks loves high heels - Apr 10, 2011
- LiLo fuming over jail sentence, says pal - Apr 24, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan released from jail - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: achilles tendon, blood sample, escapes, flat shoes, heeled boots, heidi, high heels, june 14, knee length, legal proceedings, magistrates court, medical evidence, national probation service, probation staff, sky news, solicitor, south devon, stallard, stilettos, traffic rules