Controversial French minister Rachida Dati is unsackableJanuary 18th, 2009 - 1:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 18 (ANI): French Justice Minister Rachida Dati, who made a lightning return to work just days after giving birth, has survived a reshuffle in spite of claims that Nicolas Sarkozy wanted to move her.
Dubbed either as a wonder woman or as a traitor to her sex for going back to the office so quickly, Dati revealed last week that the French President had assured her she would not be replaced as justice minister this year.
Ever since the birth of her daughter Zohra, Dati has become an international celebrity. Following her returning to office action a debate ensued over how to juggle a high-powered political career with the demands of motherhood, reports TimesOnline.
There is no need to be a slave to politics, said Roger Karoutchi, a senior member of Sarkozys centre-right party.
Nevertheless, 16 weeks of maternity leave is a very, very long time, Roger added.
Meanwhile, the identity of Zohras father still remains a mystery.
Francois-Henri Pinault, the 46-year-old billionaire Gucci heir, last week became the latest figure publicly to deny that he was Zohras father. Earlier, Jose Maria Aznar, the former Spanish prime minister, had denied the claims. (ANI)
- Gucci billionaire denies being father of French ministers baby - Jan 15, 2009
- Salma Hayek's husband has a secret love child - Jul 03, 2011
- Is a Gucci billionaire the father of Rachida Datis child? - Jan 10, 2009
- Two criminals of France claim they fathered MEP Rachida Dati's love child - Mar 12, 2011
- Is Sarkozys brother French ministers babys mystery father? - Jan 06, 2009
- Bikini-clad Salma Hayek's beach outing with daughter - Dec 30, 2010
- French Justice Minister Dati defends her early return to work after giving birth - Mar 09, 2009
- Controversial French minister returns to work five days after giving birth - Jan 08, 2009
- French media dubs Rachida Datis sidelining slow-motion dumping - Jan 24, 2009
- Dati's gynaecologist risks being struck off medical register over 'delivery article' - May 17, 2009
- I like financial independence: Salma - Oct 07, 2011
- A caress may spell the end of Dati child's father mystery - Feb 14, 2010
- French women politicians defend Datis decision not to take full maternity leave - Jan 12, 2009
- Rachida Dati reveals her love and humiliation over motherhood - Oct 25, 2009
- Controversial French minister, not naming babys father, to ignore maternity leave - Jan 05, 2009
Tags: billionaire, french justice, french minister, french president, giving birth, heir, international celebrity, jose maria, justice minister, london jan, maternity leave, motherhood, nicolas sarkozy, political career, rachida dati, reshuffle, roger karoutchi, spanish prime minister, traitor, wonder woman