Columbia University professor charged with incestDecember 11th, 2010 - 3:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 11 (ANI): A 46-year-old Columbia University professor has been charged with incest for ‘having a sexual relationship with his daughter’.
Political science professor David Epstein allegedly bedded his daughter, now 24, for three years between 2006-2009.
Epstein, who specializes in American politics and voting rights, is said to have also exchanged twisted text messages with the girl during the consensual relationship.
University spokesman Robert Hornsby said that Epstein ‘is now on administrative leave and will not be teaching students’.
The well-liked professor, who has taught at Harvard and Stanford, was married to another lecturer at the Ivy League institution, Sharyn O’Halloran, but the pair recently divorced.
“We ask that everyone remember that he is innocent until proven otherwise and that these allegations are nothing more than allegations,” the Daily Mail quoted Epstein’s defence lawyer Matthew Galluzzo.
Epstein faces up to four years behind bars if convicted. (ANI)
- Indian American academic to head US institute - Aug 17, 2012
- Hillary Clintons shoes will be difficult to fill - Nov 22, 2008
- Profiles of candidates for World Bank president - Mar 24, 2012
- 'Tiger Mother' author's daughter accepted into Harvard - Apr 06, 2011
- Four Pulitzer winners who made India proud - Apr 19, 2011
- Yale to enlarge focus on India - Sep 22, 2010
- Why happiness, health eludes ambitious people? - Mar 06, 2012
- Ex-UK PM Brown could soon be Prof Brown - Jul 07, 2010
- Stanford announces partnership with India's Jaslok Hospital - Mar 30, 2011
- Harvard decision a dangerous precedent, says Swamy - Dec 08, 2011
- Mackenzie Phillips says incestuous relationship with dad was not consensual - Feb 04, 2010
- Anand Mahindra gifts Harvard $10 mn for humanities centre - Oct 05, 2010
- Yale adds ten new free courses on the web - Apr 15, 2011
- Obama was too poor a student to qualify for Ivy League: Donald Trump - Apr 26, 2011
- US varsity studies India's rise on global stage - Oct 06, 2009
Tags: allegations, american politics, columbia university professor, daily mail, david epstein, defence lawyer, halloran, harvard, hornsby, incest, ivy league, lecturer, political science professor, professor david, sexual relationship, sharyn, stanford, text messages, university spokesman, voting rights