Colombian drug trafficker nabbed at father-in-law’s funeralApril 8th, 2009 - 1:17 pm ICT by IANS
Bogota, April 8 (EFE) A suspected drug trafficker was arrested in the Colombian city of Cali while attending his father-in-law’s funeral, the police said.
Gennie Alberto Moreno Valencia was arrested Monday on murder, criminal conspiracy, arms possession and other charges.
Valencia, 29, was the main individual responsible for “drug trafficking activities and for smuggling large quantities of drugs into Central America and the US”, police said.
The suspect’s name was on the list of most-wanted drug traffickers in Colombia and he was linked to two shipments of some 10 tonnes of cocaine seized recently.
Valencia reported directly to Diego Perez Henao, one of the leaders of the Norte del Valle drug cartel, the police said.
The Norte del Valle cartel, considered one of the largest drug trafficking organisations in the world, has been accused of smuggling hundreds of tonnes of cocaine into the US via Mexico.
- Venezuela arrests top Colombian drug trafficker - Jul 07, 2010
- Spain detains two Colombians suspected of 200 killings - Sep 14, 2010
- Colombia seizes 2.6 tonnes of cocaine - Jun 06, 2012
- 17 cocaine labs destroyed in Colombia - Jan 26, 2012
- Colombia seizes over three tonnes of marijuana - Apr 19, 2011
- Colombia extradites drug trafficker to US - Sep 30, 2011
- Model convicted of drug smuggling in Argentina - Nov 04, 2011
- Colombian police capture key man in drug cartel linked to Mexico and the U.S. - Jan 14, 2011
- Colombian police seize one tonne of cocaine - Aug 31, 2011
- Spain arrests 34 as global drug ring dismantled - May 05, 2011
- Hitmen accused of 200 murders held in Spain - Sep 15, 2010
- Nearly seven tonnes of cocaine seized in Colombia - Feb 09, 2009
- Mexican drug trade worth $450 mn annually, says government - Jun 02, 2009
- Five die in Colombian bar attack - Sep 27, 2011
- Colombian police seize 1.5 tonnes of cocaine - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: bogota, cali, central america, cocaine, colombian city, colombian drug, criminal conspiracy, diego perez, drug trafficker, drug traffickers, drug trafficking, gennie, henao, norte del valle, norte del valle cartel, norte del valle drug cartel, organisations, possession, quantities, tonnes