Coldplay to take a break, so fans don’t tire of themMarch 27th, 2009 - 11:45 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 27 (IANS) Members of British alternative rock band Coldplay are contemplating a career break once they finish their current world tour so their fans don’t grow sick of their music.
The band, led by frontman Chris Martin, wants to revamp their sound before heading back into the studio to record the follow-up to their 2008 album “Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends”, reports contactmusic.com.
Guitarist Johnny Buckland also hopes the hiatus will keep their fan base from tiring of them.
“We ended up doing much more touring than we originally planned so there’s no time to do proper justice to a new project. And anyway people may need a bit of a break from us,” Buckland said.
“We’re taking a little break and let’s see where we get after that. We’ve got a lot of ideas but we want to find a new way to go and that may take some time,” he added.
- Coldplay planning career break after current world tour - Mar 28, 2009
- Coldplay refused 'Glee' request until show became popular - Jan 10, 2011
- Coldplay regret their latest album name - Mar 06, 2012
- Coldplay release their fifth album - Oct 24, 2011
- Coldplay ventures into wristbands business - Nov 04, 2011
- Coldplay goes solar for recording sessions - Apr 12, 2010
- Arctic Monkeys to take break from recording - Aug 27, 2011
- Rihanna goes 'Geisha' for Coldplay video - Mar 25, 2012
- Unreleased Song Performed By Chris Martin - Sep 03, 2010
- Chris Martin turns mentor for Professor Green - Jan 21, 2012
- Coldplay tries hypnosis - Oct 28, 2011
- I'm obsessed with Gwyneth: Rihanna - Apr 11, 2012
- Martin banned by producer Eno - Jan 31, 2009
- Rihanna, Coldplay team up to for Paralympic closing - Aug 27, 2012
- Coldplay and Rihanna team up - Sep 14, 2011