Cold weather, flu kill 72 in MexicoJanuary 29th, 2012 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Jan 29 (IANS/EFE) Cold weather in Mexico has left 40 people dead while 32 have died due to flu, the government said.
Thirty died due to carbon monoxide poisoning, seven from hypothermia and three from burns, all of which were directly attributed to the cold itself or attempts to keep warm, said the health secretariat.
Till Friday, there were over 1,600 cases of respiratory illnesses and 32 deaths were caused by flu viruses.
- 44 die due to cold weather in Mexico - Feb 20, 2012
- Mexico cold wave toll rises to 20 - Jan 24, 2010
- 58 Mexicans die of flu - Feb 06, 2012
- 81 Mexicans die of swine flu - Feb 12, 2012
- Cold wave kills 34 animals at Mexican zoo - Feb 06, 2011
- Cuba to give flu shots to over 600,000 people - Nov 20, 2011
- Mexico bird-flu outbreak costs economy $50 mn - Jul 13, 2012
- Mexico slaughters 3.8 mn chickens to stem bird-flu outbreak - Jul 19, 2012
- 850 ill due to chlorine poisoning in Egypt - May 30, 2011
- Four siblings killed in Ukraine fire - Mar 23, 2012
- Millions of birds dead, killed in Mexico flu outbreak - Jul 26, 2012
- 32 Mexico coal mines shuttered for safety reasons - Aug 11, 2012
- Mexico to vaccinate 1 mn chickens against bird flu - Jul 11, 2012
- $800,000 found in abandoned car - Apr 29, 2010
- Mexican city distributes masks for volcano ash - May 07, 2012
Tags: attempts, burns, carbon monoxide, cold weather, deaths, efe, flu, flu viruses, Health Science, hypothermia, jan 29, mexico city, mexico mexico, respiratory illnesses, secretariat, weather in mexico