Cocaine worth $13 mn found in banana consignmentMarch 25th, 2010 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
Kleve (Germany), March 25 (DPA) Workers splitting a consignment of South American bananas found boxes of cocaine with a street value of 10 million euros ($13 million), German police said Thursday.
The drug and the bananas were inside a shipping container that had been unloaded at Antwerp, Belgium and delivered to a cool store near Kleve in Germany, close to the Dutch border.
Police said the 310-kg consignment was the biggest cocaine haul to be intercepted in North Rhine Westphalia state for 20 years. Last year, state police only managed to seize 92 kg from smugglers.
- 175 kg cocaine seized in France - Jul 19, 2011
- 10 tonnes of hashish seized in Karachi - Nov 16, 2011
- US seizes $26 mn cocaine shipment - Jul 04, 2012
- Nearly 200 kg cocaine seized in Italy port - Sep 08, 2012
- Spain busts gang that hid drugs in babies' diapers - Nov 29, 2011
- German prosecutor shot dead by defendant - Jan 12, 2012
- Colombian navy seizes tonne of cocaine - Sep 12, 2012
- One tonne cocaine seized in Italy - Aug 19, 2011
- Ghanaian arrested with cocaine in Goa - May 05, 2012
- German Acid tanker capsizes in the Rhine River, two missing - Jan 14, 2011
- France seizes 1.4 tonnes of cocaine - Jun 05, 2010
- Germany plans to attract more foreign skilled workers - Dec 02, 2011
- Three kg cocaine seized in Austria - May 04, 2012
- Ten suspected terrorists arrested in Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany - Nov 23, 2010
- 1,577 kg cocaine seized in Mexico - Apr 20, 2010
Tags: 10 million, antwerp belgium, banana, bananas, border police, cocaine, consignment, cool store, dpa, dutch border, euros 13, german police, germany march, kleve germany, march 25, north rhine westphalia, police said thursday, shipping container, smugglers, state police