Clothes dipped in liquid cocaine found in Italy drug bustFebruary 5th, 2011 - 3:58 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 5 (ANI): A drug trafficking ring that used clothes dipped in liquid cocaine to smuggle the drug into Italy from the Dominican Republic has been busted by the Italian police.
Jumpers and jackets coated in cocaine were smuggled in regular suitcases through Rome’s Fiumicino airport, and the customs police also seized 75 kilograms (165 pounds) of cocaine, the Telegraph reported.
The customs police announced that 37 people were arrested in the raid, and said it had busted “an international criminal organisation” operating in Britain, France, Italy, The Netherlands and Spain.
The Guardia di Finanza police force said in a statement the organisation “was divided into 15 criminal groups” that operated autonomously.
Those arrested included 14 Italian nationals and four citizens of the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and the United States. (ANI)
- Dozens of mafia men held in pan-European drugs bust - Jun 04, 2012
- Sexy smuggler caught with cocaine hidden in bra! - Mar 23, 2010
- Spain arrests 34 as global drug ring dismantled - May 05, 2011
- Delta employees arrested in Detroit airport for international drug smuggling - Apr 29, 2011
- Spain busts gang that hid drugs in babies' diapers - Nov 29, 2011
- Toy cars made of cocaine seized in Italy - Oct 13, 2011
- Indian questioned over Bali smuggling - May 29, 2012
- Four Britons, Indian held in Bali cocaine case - May 28, 2012
- Italian ministers post salaries online - Feb 22, 2012
- Italian drugs, arms racket busted, 20 held - Jun 16, 2012
- 630 kg cocaine seized in Italy - Jun 09, 2012
- 37 held in New York for drug smuggling - Jun 16, 2011
- US busts drug ring - Nov 01, 2011
- One tonne cocaine seized in Italy - Aug 19, 2011
- Over 1 tonne of cocaine seized in Spain - Mar 05, 2010
Tags: citizens, clothes, criminal groups, criminal organisation, customs, dominican republic, drug bust, drug trafficking, fiumicino airport, guardia di finanza, italian nationals, italian police, jumpers, kilograms, liquid cocaine, london feb, police force, rome, suitcases, telegraph