Clinton seeks to upgrade ties to ‘US-India 3.0′June 18th, 2009 - 12:10 pm ICT by IANS
By Arun Kumar
Washington, June 18 (IANS) US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton turned to computer speak as she called for an “upgrade” in the US-India relationship to a new version she dubbed “US-India 3.0″.
Speaking before the US-India Business Council and an audience that included representatives from offshore outsourcing companies, Clinton said the US-India relationship needs an “upgrade”.
She dubbed this new version of their relationship “US-India 3.0″ saying finally: “I want to put us in the solutions business.”
“We find ourselves at the beginning of a third era. I’ll call it US-India 3.0,” she said confirming that she would visit India next month to discuss details of the new partnership that new governments in Washington and New Delhi will build together.
Continuing the computer speak, Clinton said: “I want to put us into the solutions business. In order to achieve that and realise the benefits of this 3.0 relationship, we need to build on several natural platforms.”
“So four platforms of cooperation - global security, human development, economic activity, science and technology - can support us in launching this third phase of the US-India relationship.”
- We need 'US-India 3.0' in ties: Hillary Clinton (Lead) - Jun 18, 2009
- Infosys braces to face twin challenges of clients - Jun 09, 2012
- Clinton vows 'dramatic expansion' of India-US ties (Lead) - Jun 18, 2009
- Hillary Clinton arrives in India July 17 - Jul 15, 2009
- Three keys to make India-US ties soar - Jul 16, 2012
- Anand Sharma to raise US outsourcing ban, visa fee issue - Sep 18, 2010
- Two-fold jump in Mahindra Satyam's net profit - Aug 10, 2011
- Pacts on n-sites, end-use monitoring on cards during Clinton visit - Jul 16, 2009
- Obama makes hay with Romney's 'offshoring' record - Jun 27, 2012
- Obama administration fully committed to implementing N-deal: Clinton - Jun 18, 2009
- India needs to make 'tough choices': Ajay Banga - Apr 24, 2012
- India conveys concern to US over protectionism - May 08, 2012
- I have no interest in Indian politics: Chatwal - Mar 31, 2011
- India-US meet to explore mutual business opportunities - May 15, 2012
- Finnish mobile software firm to launch Bangalore operations - Jul 10, 2010
Tags: arun kumar, audience, business council, cooperation, economic activity, global security, governments, hillary clinton, india business, india relationship, New Delhi, outsourcing companies, partnership, platforms, science and technology, secretary of state, ties, us secretary of state