Clinton in Beijing for strategic, economic dialogueMay 2nd, 2012 - 12:30 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 2 (IANS) US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton arrived in Beijing Wednesday for the fourth round of the China-US Strategic and Economic Dialogue.
The top US diplomat and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, special representatives of US President Barack Obama, will join Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan and State Councilor Dai Bingguo, special representatives of Chinese President Hu Jintao, to co-chair the annual meeting Thursday-Friday, Xinhua reported.
The dialogue, initiated in 2009, aims to advance the construction of the China-US bilateral cooperative partnership, deepen communication and coordination on macroeconomic policies and major issues in the world economy, boost economic and trade cooperation and enhance communication on international and regional affairs.
During her stay in Beijing, Clinton will also co-chair with Chinese State Councilor Liu Yandong the third US-China High-Level Consultation on People-to-People Exchange.
- Hillary Clinton to visit India, China, Bangladesh - Apr 27, 2012
- Clinton arrives in Beijing - May 02, 2012
- US, China hope to restore mutual trust through dialogue next week - May 21, 2010
- China, US to hold second round of strategic talks in May - Apr 28, 2010
- China, US should forge for mutual trust: Hu Jintao - May 24, 2010
- India, China to hold economic dialogue Monday - Sep 23, 2011
- Unbalanced recovery better than balanced recession: China - Nov 21, 2011
- China, US should promote peace in Asia-Pacific: Hu - May 03, 2012
- Hillary Clinton to visit India next month - Apr 27, 2012
- Chinese president meets Clinton - Sep 05, 2012
- China pushes for enhanced cooperation with Russia - Oct 21, 2011
- US-China strategic meeting in July - Jun 03, 2009
- India, China to hold maiden strategic economic dialogue - Sep 25, 2011
- White House statement on bilateral meeting with President Hu of China - Apr 01, 2009
- China, US pledge to advance economic recovery - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: barack obama, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, chinese state, chinese vice, co chair, cooperative partnership, economic dialogue, hillary clinton, hu jintao, level consultation, macroeconomic policies, president hu jintao, regional affairs, state councilor, trade cooperation, treasury secretary, wang qishan, world economy, xinhua