Clinton expected to make full recovery without lasting damage to her armJune 20th, 2009 - 5:05 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 20 (ANI): US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton who underwent two hours of surgery on her broken right elbow, is expected to make a full recovery “without lasting damage to her arm”.
A statement released by the State Department says Clinton went under the knife yesterday morning at George Washington University Hospital.
Clinton slipped in the State Department garage on Wednesday and fractured her elbow on her way to a meeting at the White House, the Daily News reported.
She was expected to make a full recovery “without lasting damage to her arm,” said Clinton’s chief of staff, Cheryl Mills.
State Department spokesman Ian Kelly said the surgery was performed under general anesthesia, and noted Clinton’s arm is in a cast and will be “for a while.”
Clinton, was expected to rest this weekend at home, where her husband and daughter joined her on Wednesday night.
“She, President Clinton and Chelsea are grateful for the many prayers and messages of goodwill they have received these past few days,” Mills said. (ANI)
- Clinton undergoes successful surgery on elbow - Jun 20, 2009
- Clinton fractures elbow, will undergo surgery - Jun 18, 2009
- Clinton facing surgery, lengthy recuperation after breaking elbow - Jun 19, 2009
- Clinton fractures elbow in fall - Jun 18, 2009
- Gilberto undergoes surgery on nose - Apr 01, 2012
- Bill Clinton gets two stents after chest pain (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2010
- Injured Arunima's condition now stable, say doctors (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Gastric bypass surgery linked to increased fracture risk - Jun 05, 2011
- Clinton to undergo surgery for elbow fracture - Jun 19, 2009
- Hillary Clinton may hire 'family loyalist' as consultant - Jun 24, 2009
- Injured 'Spider-Man' stunt actor to leave rehab on Wednesday - Jan 03, 2011
- Delhi hospital conducts life-saving robotic surgeries - Apr 20, 2012
- Rachel Wood underwent surgery to fix tooth problem - Mar 20, 2012
- Sara Khan undergoes operation - Aug 22, 2010
- Man pierced by iron rods, saved by doctors - Mar 12, 2012
Tags: chelsea, cheryl mills, chief of staff, few days, general anesthesia, george washington, george washington university, george washington university hospital, goodwill, hillary clinton, prayers, president clinton, right elbow, secretary of state, state department spokesman, us secretary of state, wednesday night, white house, yesterday morning