Clinton chooses Taj hotels againMay 7th, 2012 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai/Kolkata, MAY 7 (IANS) US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s love affair with the Taj Hotels continued on her third official visit to India in the past 14 years.
In Kolkata 14 years ago as the US First lady, Clinton had chosen to stay at the Hotel Taj Bengal, an official from the Taj Group said here.
On her current visit to India, Clinton again opted for Hotel Taj Bengal.
With an entourage of nearly 100 personnel including the US media travelling with Clinton, the Hotel Taj Bengal had gone through a rigorous pre-arrival security drill.
She stayed in one of the two Presidential Suites which have separate living and dining rooms.
“A newly renovated Presidential Suite was selected for her which has seen many celebrities over the years. It was specially prepared for Clinton, keeping in mind her taste and requirements,” the official said.
K. Mohan Chandran, the Hotel Taj Bengal general manager, described her stay as a “truly memorable experience”.
On her last major trip as Secretary of State to India in July 2009, Clinton picked Hotel Taj Mahal Palace and Tower in Mumbai as a mark of respect to those who died there in the 2008 terror attack.
- Hillary at Taj Palace! The tryst continues - May 09, 2012
- Kolkata fortified for Hillary visit - May 06, 2012
- A hat-trick of presidential honour for ITC Maurya - Oct 25, 2010
- Tom cruises to India on a whirlwind tour - Dec 03, 2011
- Idli, vada breakfast for Clinton, Krishna - May 08, 2012
- Clinton in Delhi to meet PM, Sonia - May 07, 2012
- Foreign tourists turned away from Victoria Memorial - May 06, 2012
- Hillary Clinton to visit India, China, Bangladesh - Apr 27, 2012
- We'll always remember 26/11: Obama writes in Taj guest book (Lead) - Nov 06, 2010
- Hillary meets trafficking victims, visits Victorial Memorial (Roundup) - May 06, 2012
- India's Look East policy essential: Clinton - May 07, 2012
- Mumbai readies for Obama, details still under wraps - Oct 22, 2010
- A treat, says Hillary after Victoria Memorial visit - May 06, 2012
- Iran, Pakistan on anvil as Clinton and Krishna meet (Afternoon Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Heritage wing of Taj Mahal hotel reopens on Sunday in Mumbai - Aug 12, 2010
Tags: celebrities, dining rooms, entourage, first lady, hillary clinton, India, kolkata, lady clinton, love affair, memorable experience, mohan, secretary of state, taj bengal, taj group, taj hotels, taj mahal, terror attack, us secretary of state