Clint Eastwood’s latest movie to premiere at CannesApril 24th, 2008 - 4:00 pm ICT by admin
London, April 24 (ANI): Clint Eastwood’s latest movie Changeling, a 1920s thriller starring Angelina Jolie, will premiere at the Cannes International Film Festival next month.
Eastwood’s latest directorial outing about a woman, whose son is kidnapped, also stars John Malkovich and Amy Ryan, reports BBC.
Other films set for the 61st Cannes Film Festival include Wim Wenders’ The Palermo Shooting and Steven Soderbergh’s four-hour biopic of Cuban revolutionary Che Guevara.
The latest Indiana Jones movie will also be shown out of competition.
The event runs from 14-25 May in the south of France.
Quentin Tarantino will be among the high profile celebrities attending the festival, where he will give a film directing master class.
Other stars reportedly attending the festival include Penelope Cruz, Woody Allen, Benicio Del Toro and the main cast of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Sean Penn leads this year’s jury, which also includes actress Natalie Portman and former Harry Potter director Alfonso Cuaron.
And they will decide the film, which takes home the prestigious Palme d’Or prize.
The list of films in competition:
Three Monkeys (Nuri Bilge Ceylan, Turkey / France / Italy)
Le Silence De Lorna (Jean-Pierre & Luc Dardenne, France / Belgium)
A Christmas Story (Arnaud Desplechin, France)
Changeling (Clint Eastwood, USA)
Adoration (Atom Egoyan, Canada)
Waltz With Bashir (Ari Folman, Israel)
La Frontiere De L’Aube (Philippe Garrel, France)
Gomorra (Matteo Garrone, Italy)
Synecdoche, New York (Charlie Kaufman, USA / France)
My Magic (Eric Khoo, Singapore)
La Mujer Sin Cabeza (Lucretia Martel, Argentina / Spain)
Serbis (Brillante Mendoza, Philippines)
Delta (Kornel Mondruczo, Hungary / Germany)
Linha De Passe (Walter Salles, Brazil)
Il Divo (Paolo Sorrentino, Italy)
Leonera (Pablo Trapero, Argentina / South Korea)
The Palermo Shooting (Wim Wenders, Germany)
24 City (Jia Zhangke, China)
Che (Steven Soderbergh, USA / Spain / France) (ANI)
- Clint Eastwood's film 'Hereafter' to call the curtains at NYFF - Aug 17, 2010
- Women dominate at bigger, better Mumbai film fest - Oct 14, 2011
- Shakira receives French honour, first for a Colombian - Jan 29, 2012
- Adoor to judge in Fribourg International Film Festival - Mar 13, 2009
- McCartney to get top French honour - Sep 04, 2012
- No Cannes for Kalki Koechlin - May 14, 2012
- Cannes: From Maradona to Madonna and the rain in between - May 23, 2008
- Goa fails to bite IFFI's soccer bite - Nov 29, 2011
- Gaga to perform at Cannes film fest - May 11, 2011
- A football package at Goa festival - Nov 27, 2011
- Jude Law, Uma Thurman on Cannes jury - Apr 21, 2011
- Vasan Bala's 'Peddlers' selected for Cannes Critics' Week - Apr 24, 2012
- Film festival to highlight millennium development goals - Sep 18, 2010
- Amy Adams to play Eastwood's daughter? - Nov 17, 2011
- Clint Eastwood wants to direct films even after 100 - Oct 25, 2010
Tags: actress natalie portman, alfonso cuaron, benicio del toro, cannes film festival, cannes international film festival, che guevara, clint eastwood, crystal skull, director alfonso cuaron, directorial outing, international film festival, john malkovich, natalie portman, penelope cruz, prestigious palme, quentin tarantino, revolutionary che guevara, steven soderbergh, three monkeys, thriller starring angelina jolie