Clerk jailed for blackmail over nude picturesApril 1st, 2009 - 11:23 am ICT by IANS
Hong Kong, April 1 (DPA) A clerk at a law firm has been sentenced to four months in jail after blackmailing a colleague over nude pictures taken during their sexual affair, a media report said Wednesday.
Shek Wing-hung, 38, was found guilty of blackmail and criminal extortion after his victim paid 200,000 Hong Kong dollars ($25,600) to prevent the pictures being made public, the Standard said.
In mitigation, Shek said that he had been emotionally overwhelmed at the time of the offence.
The court was told that Shek forced his former lover to pose for the photos and later repeatedly harassed her in phone calls and text messages demanding payment for the pictures.
Shek was arrested after the woman told her husband about the affair.
The unnamed woman said she was still traumatised by the incident.
- Chinese man held for filming neighbour taking shower - Aug 15, 2011
- Hong Kong seizes $98 million cocaine - Jul 07, 2012
- Hong Kong student charged with blackmail of priest - Nov 19, 2009
- Six Chinese survive Philippine hostage crisis (Fourth Lead) - Aug 23, 2010
- Malay woman blackmailed by boyfriend to bed 20 men - Nov 22, 2010
- Oksana's ex-bodyguard sides with Mel Gibson - Jan 21, 2011
- Cook held for sending lewd text messages to woman - Oct 21, 2011
- Female teacher jailed for sex with boys - Dec 21, 2010
- Dumped Hong Kong woman puts intimate pics on Facebook - Feb 26, 2011
- Man held for rape, blackmail - Nov 02, 2011
- Over 100,000 cigarettes seized in Hong Kong - Aug 15, 2012
- Coleen Rooney 'sickened' over son Kai's photos blackmail plot - Mar 02, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' set for Hong Kong release - May 08, 2012
- Kim Kardashian poses with nude men for magazine cover - Sep 03, 2010
- Briton blackmails US girls with nude images, jailed - Jan 25, 2012