Citizenship not the reason to get Obama out of White House: RomneyApril 14th, 2011 - 2:14 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Apr 14(ANI): Former Massachusetts Governor and potential 2012 GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney has ripped the notion that President Barack Obama wasn’t born in the United States.
“The citizenship test has been passed. There are real reasons to get this guy out of office, but his citizenship isn’t the reason why,” the New York Daily News quoted Romney, as saying.
The comments come after several persons, including business magnate Donald Trump and former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, questioned Obama’s citizenship.
Trump, who’s also considering making a bid for the Oval Office, even said that he has sent a team of investigators to Hawaii to get answers.
When asked if he thought Trump was a threat, Romney said: “He’s a new face and a new voice in the process. My view is ‘come on in, the water’s fine. The more the merrier’.” (ANI)
- Even Republicans feel Trump has very little chances of reaching White House - Apr 27, 2011
- New Hampshire voters prefer Romney over Obama: Poll - Apr 23, 2011
- Trump takes lead in GOP primary race, beats other Republicans: Poll - Apr 17, 2011
- Most Americans can't name single GOP candidate: Poll - Apr 21, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Palin supports Trump's 'birther' debate on Obama - Apr 11, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Palin gets no vote in recent GOP straw poll - Feb 23, 2011
- Poll: More than 6 in 10 would not vote for Trump, Palin - Apr 27, 2011
- Bin-Laden's death a 'wake-up call' for GOP contenders intending to defeat Obama - May 04, 2011
- Trump's desire to be President surprises many in US - Apr 09, 2011
- Palin's popularity plummets to all time low even among Republican voters, finds poll - Feb 15, 2011
- Tea Party supporters name Mitt Romney top choice for 2012 Presidential polls - Mar 27, 2011
- Over half of Americans think Obama will lose 2012 presidential re-election bid - Feb 09, 2011
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, barack obama, business magnate, citizenship test, donald trump, gop, governor sarah palin, hawaii, investigators, massachusetts governor, mitt romney, new face, new voice, new york daily news, notion, oval office, presidential candidate, sarah palin, white house, york daily news