Cindy Anthony will not face perjury chargesJuly 13th, 2011 - 10:04 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Orlando, Florida, July 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Prosecutors have decided against charging Casey Anthony’s mother with perjury. During the trial of Casey, her mother Cindy told the jury that she was the one who used the house computer to search for information on the word “chloroform.”
Investigators had earlier told the court that a scrutiny on the family computer revealed that there were searches on the Internet for information on chloroform. The prosecutors argued that based on the time that the search was made, it was clear that Casey was the one who searched it.
When Cindy who is the grandmother of Caylee Anthony took the witness box, she told the court that she was the one who made the search on the family’s computer. A co-worker of Cindy gave a testimony that placed Cindy at the workplace at the time that the family computer was used.
Some analysts suspected that Cindy lied to protect her daughter and subsequently should be charged with perjury. Investigators from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office told reporters that Cindy will not be charged with perjury.
Casey was found not guilty of first degree murder in connection with the death of her two-year-old daughter Caylee Anthony.
- Casey Anthony trial continues - Jun 03, 2011
- Grandmother breaks down during Casey Anthony trial - Jun 01, 2011
- Casey Anthony trial: Jury sees pictures of Caylee's skull - Jun 10, 2011
- Defense now alleges that Caylee Anthony drowned in pool - May 25, 2011
- Caylee Anthony murder trail throws up more surprises - May 27, 2011
- Casey Anthony found hiding in Florida - May 23, 2012
- Psychiatrist: 'Casey Anthony was cheerful in jail' - Jan 12, 2012
- Prosecutors release Casey Anthony prison letters - Apr 10, 2010
- Casey Anthony May Get Death Penalty - May 15, 2010
- Casey Anthony's Letters Written In Jail Publicized - Apr 08, 2010
- Judge Out Of The Case Of Casey Anthony - Apr 20, 2010
- Prosecutors Desire The Death Penalty For Casey Anthony - May 15, 2010
- Casey Anthony reveals that she became pregnant after being raped - Jan 12, 2012
- Reports suggest that Casey Anthony is in hiding - Sep 22, 2011
- Bill Maher compares Casey Anthony's case to 'Republican Thinking' - Jul 11, 2011
Tags: casey, caylee, cindy, co worker, family computer, first degree murder, grandmother, investigators, news prosecutors, orange county sheriff, orlando florida, perjury charges, scrutiny, testimony, witness box