CIA takes inspiration from Ghostbusters for their new ‘terrorbuster’ imageNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:55 am ICT by admin
The international red forbidden stripe cuts across a black-clad terrorist waving an AK-47 assault rifle, attached to which is a bayonet with a Saracen curve on it. Above is the message “Terrorist Buster,” the Times reported.
The logo has been in use for six years. But when it recently surfaced, the Internet blogosphere lit up with conspiracy theories, outrage and scorn that the CIA should be spending time or money designing such material.
“Why are ghosts white and terrorists black?” one liberal blogger said. Others suggested that “bad logos are what neo-cons get for alienating the gay community” or that “someone at Langley has been smoking that Freedom Fudge from our Afghan allies again”.
However, the CIA said “it was just a logo” that was not intended to offend or upset anybody, except possibly terrorists.
“There’s just nothing new here. The image, which has been posted on our website for over six years, is an informal logo that first circulated among people directly involved in the global fight against terror. The symbol wasn’t designed to represent any specific terrorist group or individual,” a spokesman was quoted, as saying.
“When it was created years ago, the logo was intended to reflect the determination and spirit of those who were working tirelessly to overcome what we still know today to be a truly dangerous threat. Even though the logo isn’t currently in wide circulation, that strong commitment to our counter-terrorism mission is alive and well,” he added. (ANI)
- Killing of Osama bin Laden has rehabilitated reputation of US Government, officials - May 04, 2011
- Al Qaeda stockpiling chemical weapons: US official - Sep 09, 2011
- Pakistan lodges protest with US over drone strike - Apr 14, 2011
- Pak to take up US drone attacks issue with "nations having interest in counter-terrorism" - Apr 15, 2011
- Leaked Wikileaks US 'exporter of terrorism' report 'no blockbuster', claims CIA - Aug 26, 2010
- That 'trip to Atlantic City' kept Osama raid secret - May 23, 2011
- Anna Faris in 'Ghostbusters 3'? - Nov 25, 2010
- Pakistan lodges strong protest with US over Angoor Adda drone attack - Apr 14, 2011
- India welcomes US designating Indian Mujahideen terror outfit - Sep 16, 2011
- Chidambaram inaugurates NSG hub in Mumbai - Feb 23, 2012
- PM pitches for NCTC amid opposition (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- CIA tapes show 9/11 suspects in secret prisons - Aug 18, 2010
- India to push for global counter-terrorism convention at UN - Sep 17, 2011
- New video shows Al Qaeda training ninjas - Jul 08, 2012
- Domestic terrorism number one priority for US intelligence - Feb 11, 2011
Tags: ak 47, assault rifle, blogger, blogosphere, cia, conspiracy theories, counter terrorism, dangerous threat, gay community, global fight, langley virginia, lit up, neo cons, resemblance, saracen, six years, strong commitment, terrorist group, terrorists, white ghost