Church set on fire in ColombiaSeptember 17th, 2010 - 9:52 am ICT by IANS
Bogota, Sep 17 (IANS/EFE) Miscreants set fire to a Catholic church in the Colombian capital city of Bogota Thursday, authorities said.
Octavio Mora, the parish priest in the Galan neighbourhood church, said the blaze was apparently the work of “Satanic” youths who have been making threats against his life.
Threatening graffiti had appeared on the walls and doors of the church recently, he said.
The miscreants made a pile of the church benches and sound system and set it ablaze before fleeing, authorities said, causing damage worth around $16,000.
- 2 priests slain in Colombian capital - Jan 28, 2011
- Priest slain in Colombia - May 03, 2012
- Priest gunned down in Guatemala - Jan 28, 2012
- Fire destroys 134-year-old church in Colombia - Dec 27, 2010
- Woman gunned down in church in Colombia - Aug 21, 2012
- Priest hacked to death in Colombia - Sep 14, 2011
- Murder in Colombian church during Mass - Nov 19, 2010
- Gunman kills five in Colombia - Jul 28, 2012
- Fire destroys Shillong church, short circuit suspected - Jan 02, 2012
- Former Colombian general convicted of money laundering - Sep 07, 2012
- Hypnosis at Colombian school ends in mass hysteria - Sep 03, 2011
- Five Colombian cops die in plane crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Rapper killed in Colombia - Apr 26, 2012
- Colombian navy seizes tonne of cocaine - Sep 12, 2012
- Human sacrifice in Mexico - Apr 02, 2012