Church school pupils asked to write rudest insults in lesson on bullying!February 19th, 2009 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 19 (ANI): A church school has caused anger amongst parents after it asked its pupils aged 10 to write down the worst swear words they know for their lesson on bullying.
The children are said to have filled their exercise books with racist and sexual obscenities, which their teacher got them to rank from really upsetting to harmless.
One child rated f****r and c*** as really upsetting for a bullying victim, and words like p***head and fat a*** were as merely upsetting.
When my ten-year-old showed me a book with words like c***sucker rewarded with a tick from the teacher, I was disgusted, the Mirror quoted one parent as saying.
Adding: You dont expect your children to learn this kind of filth at school, particularly one linked with the church.
Alison Evans, head teacher of Shelford C of E primary school near Cambridge, wrote a letter to parents apologising for the inappropriate lesson by teacher Fred Laband.
The lesson was about the very important subject of bullying and the harmful effects of name calling, Evans wrote in the letter.
One of the objectives was to understand that though some words may seem more or less upsetting than others, all name calling is hurtful.
On reflection it has been agreed that it was inappropriate to record these words in writing and this page has now been removed from the childrens books, she said.
The school governors said experienced teacher Laband had been disciplined but would not lose his job.
It was ill-judged and wont happen again, chairman Alastair MacGregor added. (ANI)
- Brit primary school teacher accidentally shows porn to pupils - Dec 10, 2010
- Virginia school super apologizes for mock auction of black students - Apr 10, 2011
- Brit students stage mass walkout after teacher bans girls from linking arms - Feb 01, 2011
- Virtual police in UK to patrol Facebook in hunt for cyber bullies - Feb 27, 2011
- Polish church calls magic-laden Harry Potter books 'unacceptable' - Apr 15, 2011
- LittleGossip.com allows you to make obscene comments - Dec 22, 2010
- How to save your child from bullying - Jan 25, 2011
- Capital tales: Books get voices to reach more children - Jul 19, 2012
- Thousands of Kerala kids initiated into world of letters - Oct 17, 2010
- 12-year-old autistic boy hangs himself after being bullied - Dec 01, 2011
- Malaysian teacher issued memo for vulgar racial slurs against students - Aug 31, 2010
- 11yr-olds get swearing lesson in UK school - Apr 04, 2009
- British parents use websites to abuse teachers - Jan 12, 2011
- 20 pc head teachers in UK being bullied on Facebook: Poll - May 01, 2011
- 'B' for bomb, 'ch' for chaku...in UP school books - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: alastair, alison evans, anger, cambridge, childrens books, e primary school, evans head, exercise books, head teacher, insults, london feb, macgregor, mirror, obscenities, reflection, school governors, school pupils, shelford, sucker, tick