Christine O’Donnell’s Statement “I’m Not A Witch” Named Top Quote Of The YearDecember 13th, 2010 - 8:40 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Dec 13, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Some people do have weird hobbies, but it seems that Yale librarian Fred Shapiro deserves a prize. Every year, he compiles the best and the most popular quotes that reflects the polarization in America. In his fifth annual list of most notable quotes, he has kept Christine O’Donnell at the top, for one of her most famous quote of the year.
During her U.S. Senate campaign television ad, Christine O’Donnell looked into people’s eyes with all her conviction, to state that “I’m Not A Witch” and guess what? Fred Shapiro thought that this could be the most memorable quote for the year 2010 enabling it to top the list of Yale Book of Quotations. Did the Republican senator ever know that her quote would make her win this quotation contest, if not the senate race? Nevertheless, a heartfelt congratulation to the senator for making it so big. By the way, we all know that she is not a witch, but a Republican leader who lost to Chris Coons, with a 57-40 margin.
The other people who followed her in the race are, former BP CEO Tony Hayward’s, “I’d like my life back.” The third position has been bagged by an ordinary airline passenger, who said, “If you touch my junk, I’m gonna have you arrested.” Man! immediately contact Donna D’Errico for more help! Sarah Palin’s tweet, “Don’t retreat. Instead reload!” gets the fourth position. The fifth place goes straight to the quote that was repeated over and again when the Chilean miners were being rescued, “Chi! Chi! Chi! Le! Le! Le! Los mineros de Chile!” That definitely worked.
- I'm not a witch and I'd like my life back: Top 2 quotes of 2010 - Dec 13, 2010
- Gordon Brown's 'bigoted woman' gaffe among 'top 10 quotes of 2010' - Dec 15, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell's Face Off With Chris Coons In Delaware Debate - Oct 14, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell seals book deal - Dec 03, 2010
- NOW Defends Christine O'Donnell After Gawker Attack - Oct 30, 2010
- Republican Christine O'Donnell Questions The Separation Of Church And State - Oct 20, 2010
- Tea Party star O'Donnell quips she 'dabbled with witchcraft' in high school - Sep 20, 2010
- Tea Party-Backed Christine O'Donnell Wins Over Michael Castle - Sep 15, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell "Dabbling" Into Witchcraft Causes Stir - Sep 19, 2010
- Tea Party star Christine O'Donnell thinks evolution is a myth? - Sep 26, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell vows to not to talk to the national media - Sep 23, 2010
- Love of meat stopped me from joining Hare Krishna sect, says O'Donnell - Oct 03, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell Questions Separation of Church and State - Oct 20, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell puts her foot in the mouth in the 'Separation of Church & State' case - Oct 20, 2010
- 'Witchcraft' Senate candidate O'Donnell 'lied about studying at Oxford' - Sep 29, 2010
Tags: airline passenger, book of quotations, bp ceo, chris coons, christine o donnell, donna d errico, famous quote, fred shapiro, los mineros, notable quotes, quotation contest, republican leader, republican senator, sarah palin, senate campaign, senate race, third position, u s senate, weird hobbies, yale book