Christie, Huckabee and Romney run close with Obama for 2012 pollApril 1st, 2011 - 6:04 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr.1 (ANI): Two Republican presidential aspirants Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee are running close to President Barack Obama, according to the latest poll conducted by the New Jersey-based Farleigh Dickinson University’s PublicMind.
The poll shows Huckabee and Romney each tied head-to-head with Obama. Obama and Huckabee each got 46 percent of the votes, while Romney trailed by one point, 46 percent to 43 percent, Politico reports.
Christie, a conservative who insists he’s not running for President, trails Obama by 6 points, 46 percent to 40 percent.
Peter Woolley, the poll’s director said: ” That’s pretty good for a Jersey guy. People don’t see New Jersey as typical of America, though it is. And they don’t see New Jersey problems as typical of America, though they are. And Christie is very New Jersey.”
Rest of the candidates struggle to compete with Obama who crushes Sarah Palin 54 percent to 34 percent, and Tim Pawlenty, 48 percent to 34 percent.
According to the poll, Obama also beats Newt Gingrich 52 percent to 37 percent.
The poll of 800 registered voters nationwide was conducted from March 21 through March 28, with a sampling error of 3.5 percentage points. (ANI)
- Palin gets no vote in recent GOP straw poll - Feb 23, 2011
- Trump in second place as GOP candidate: NBC Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Romney, Palin clear leaders for 2012 GOP presidential primary - Oct 01, 2010
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Romney, Huckabee are Republican Party's best White House bet - Feb 07, 2011
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South - Mar 13, 2012
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
- Palin most unfavorable among Obama's potential 2012 Republican challengers: Poll - Jun 12, 2010
- Obama leads all potential 2012 Republican challengers: Poll - Jun 12, 2010
- Crucial primaries await Republican front-runners - Feb 28, 2012
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- New Hampshire voters prefer Romney over Obama: Poll - Apr 23, 2011
Tags: barack obama, christie, conservative, dickinson university, latest poll, march 21, mike huckabee, mitt romney, newt gingrich, percentage points, registered voters, sampling error, sarah palin, tim pawlenty