Christchurch earthquake damage is as bad as Haiti quake: Helen ClarkFebruary 27th, 2011 - 6:10 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Feb.27 (ANI): Former New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark has said that the earthquake in Christchurch is bad as the Haiti earthquake of 2010.
According to the stuff.co.nz website, Clark visited Christchurch today along other dignitaries and MP’s.
She said that the condition of Christchurch is as bas as what she saw in Haiti at the beginning of last year.
She also said that New Zealand unlike Haiti would recover soon with the help of strong Civil Defense and overseas support.
Nearly 200 people are missing and more than 140 are dead in the deadly earthquake that hit New Zealand last week. (ANI)
- New Zealand earthquake death toll rises to 123 - Feb 26, 2011
- New Zealand earthquake death toll rises to 163 - Mar 04, 2011
- New Zealand extends National State of Emergency over Christchurch quake - Mar 01, 2011
- 238 missing and 78 dead in New Zealand earthquake - Feb 24, 2011
- 4.8 magnitude aftershock jolts Christchurch - Mar 05, 2011
- Japan quake search team leaves New Zealand for disaster in own country - Mar 12, 2011
- New Zealand PM keen to host rugby World Cup games in Christchurch - Mar 08, 2011
- New Zealand PM's science adviser slams Christchurch quake prediction - Mar 16, 2011
- 5.3-magnitude aftershock shakes Christchurch - Apr 16, 2011
- Many dead, scores missing following 6.3 magnitude earthquake in Christchurch - Feb 22, 2011
- New Zealand PM Key nervous to face Warne - Mar 09, 2011
- Kiwi women caught with cannabis at Queenstown Airport - Apr 18, 2011
- New Zealand may face further quake aftershocks; Oz seismologist - Feb 26, 2011
- Kiwi man swears by bird poop after winning $100K - Mar 23, 2011
- Emergency declared after massive 7.1-magnitude earthquake hits Christchurch - Sep 04, 2010