Chris Voigt Awarded “Potato Man Of The Year” TitleJanuary 15th, 2011 - 8:06 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) As healthy news has it, consumption of a great deal of potatoes is surely going to add few calories to your diet since the vegetable is considered to be high on carbohydrates. However, all those who love to eat potato need not get demoralized. There are many people who have devoted their lives in proclaiming the virtue of potatoes. The latest person to be one of those proclaimers is Chris Voigt. What could have made him more happier than being declared as the “Potato Man Of The Year” by the National Potato Council!
Sticking to an all-potato diet for two months has earned Chris Voigt the honor of being Washington State Potato Commission’s Potato Man of the Year. Chris Voigt, is the head of the Washington Potato Commission. He made national news just the last year when he announced that he is planning to eat nothing but potatoes for a stretch of two months. Chris Voigt survived on the mashed and baked recipes of the vegetable. He made this effort to prove false the bad nutritional reputation that the vegetables have earned over the years, since the majority of people equate potatoes with the fries and prepare them with a good amount of butter and cheese, which are actually bad for health. Chris Voigt kept up to his word of surviving on potatoes for 60 days at a stretch. His promise is giving him good dividends.
Reports say that the award was presented to Chris Voigt last weekend at the annual meeting of the National Potato Council held in Las Vegas. The award is generally given to the person who actually goes beyond the normal consumption of the vegetable for representing the potato industry. This time it was Chris Voigt who proved that potatoes are healthy and not junk food.
- 20 potatoes a day diet for 2 months makes US man lose 18 pounds! - Nov 30, 2010
- Kids' meals consisting of white potatoes are rich in nutrients - Apr 12, 2011
- Jessie J hates junk food - Jul 25, 2012
- Dukan Diet used by Kate Middleton could be dangerous - Mar 19, 2011
- Dr Oz: 7 Days to Boost Weight Loss & Cut Carb Cravings - Oct 11, 2011
- 'Eat all your heart desires and still maintain a healthy heart' - Jun 14, 2010
- 17 Day Diet Plan Makes Headlines - Jan 07, 2011
- Kareena Kapoor gorges on aloo, gobhi paranthas - Jan 20, 2012
- Scientists reveal that eating fruits and vegetables could make people cuter - Mar 08, 2012
- Olive tree in Italy to be named after Michelle Obama - May 20, 2012
- Mayo Clinic Lists Top Ten Heathy Food - Nov 02, 2009
- Purple potato chips make their debut in Britain - Oct 06, 2010
- This British chef pairs gourmet food with health, nutrition (Feature with pics) - Mar 25, 2012
- Low-carb diet may not be good for heart: Study - Jun 11, 2012
- Want a flat tummy? Don't rely on low fat foods! - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: annual meeting, butter and cheese, calories, consumption, dividends, fries, healthy news, junk food, kar, meena, national news, national potato council, potato industry, potato man, potatoes, proclaimers, vegetables, virtue, voigt, washington state potato commission