Chopper goes missing in PeruJune 8th, 2012 - 3:51 am ICT by IANS
Lima, June 8 (IANS) A helicopter carrying 14 foreigners and two crew has gone missing in southeastern Peru, police said Thursday.
The aircraft, which took off from Mazuco city in Madre de Dios region late Wednesday, carried 12 South Koreans, two Austrians and two Peruvian pilots. It was heading for the Cusco region of southeastern Peru, Xinhua reported.
Police said the aircraft was supposed to land in Cusco around 5.00 p.m. Wednesday, but nothing could be heard from it as of early Thursday morning.
The Peruvian police have mounted a search, using helicopters.
- 91 cops ill after having chicken soup in Peru - Apr 23, 2012
- 1,000 girls sexually exploited in Peru mining camps - Sep 20, 2011
- Three hurt as helicopter lands on house in Peru - Apr 11, 2012
- Russian plane carrying 44 people goes missing near Jakarta - May 09, 2012
- 2,000 tourists trapped at Inca citadel Machu Picchu - Jan 27, 2010
- Bodies of two US mountaineers found in Peru - Jul 30, 2012
- Items from Machu Picchu return to Peru after nearly a century - Mar 31, 2011
- Nine miners trapped in Peru may be rescued soon - Apr 11, 2012
- 15 dead in Peru accident - Jun 29, 2010
- Many hurt in Peru chopper crash - Oct 28, 2009
- Plane Crash Near Nazca Lines Claims Six Lives - Oct 03, 2010
- Russian helicopter crashes in southwestern Turkey, killing 5 - Aug 12, 2012
- 15 killed in Peru road accident - Mar 17, 2012
- 8 feared dead as plane goes missing in Peru - Jun 11, 2010
- Man trapped in Peru gold mine rescued - Apr 20, 2012