Chopper crashes while installing Christmas treeNovember 23rd, 2011 - 12:13 pm ICT by IANS
Wellington, Nov 23 (IANS) A helicopter crashed while installing a Christmas tree in New Zealand’s Auckland city. The pilot was able to walk away from the spot.
The chopper went down at about 10.30 a.m. Wednesday while installing the Christmas tree, reported Radio New Zealand.
The helicopter crashed onto its rear and its nose broke.
A witness was quoted as saying that there was a “hell of a bang” and described it as like something from a movie.
The pilot was apparently attempting to fix the Christmas tree to a steel structure when a rope was released and there was a malfunction, said authorities.
- New Zealand pilot miraculously escapes death after crash - Nov 24, 2011
- Aerial crashes: many leaders died, others survived - May 09, 2012
- 11 killed in New Zealand hot air balloon crash - Jan 07, 2012
- Five killed in Pakistan helicopter crash (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- Three feared dead in Pakistan helicopter crash - Jun 01, 2011
- Medal for locating Arunachal CM's crashed chopper - Jan 26, 2012
- Indian Army helicopter missing in Sikkim - Apr 21, 2011
- Two die in Russian helicopter crash - Feb 06, 2011
- Three killed in US chopper crash - Dec 27, 2011
- Dhruv choppers grounded after crash - Oct 20, 2011
- Jharkhand CM survives nasty chopper crash (Evening Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Hoover dam helicopter crash kills 5 - Dec 08, 2011
- Not resuming helicopter service in northeast: Minister - Jun 26, 2011
- Arunachal Pradesh CM on board Pawan Hans chopper goes missing - Apr 30, 2011
- Helicopter crashes in Belarus, killing 5 people - Oct 21, 2011