Chinese who took girl hostage shot deadAugust 11th, 2012 - 1:21 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 11 (IANS) A knife-wielding man who took a girl child hostage in south China’s Guangdong province Saturday morning was gunned down by the police.
The incident happened at about 7 a.m. when the man took the girl hostage in Guangzhou, capital of Guangdong, said authorities.
Police said the man demanded to be taken via police vehicle to an area near the Guangzhou railway station. Police shot the man after he was spotted assaulting the girl with the knife, reported Xinhua.
The injured girl was rescued and taken to hospital.
The incident was the second instance of hostage-taking to occur in China this summer. On July 19, police shot and killed a man who took a female security officer hostage at a subway station in Beijing.
- Kidnapper holding girl shot dead - Aug 12, 2012
- Chinese hostage-taker shot dead - Jul 20, 2012
- Two killed in China college - Jul 02, 2012
- Chinese man attacks train passengers, one killed - Sep 12, 2010
- NYPD trains personnel to anticipate, counter Mumbai type terror attack - Dec 21, 2010
- Girl beheaded in Ranchi college - Apr 27, 2011
- Police in China's Xinjiang region gun down rioters - Jul 18, 2011
- Woman doctor stabbed in Beijing - Apr 13, 2012
- China to crack down on illegal gun possession - Feb 10, 2012
- US hostage drama ends as gunman taken into custody (Second Lead) - Sep 02, 2010
- When police mistook teachers for cheats in China - Nov 22, 2011
- Philippine police admit shortcomings in bloody hostage-taking - Aug 24, 2010
- Two students hurt in China knife attack - Feb 08, 2012
- China to have subway fire brigade - May 08, 2012
- Woman beheads son to take revenge on husband - Jun 08, 2012