Chinese, Venezuelan oil majors start joint ventureApril 6th, 2008 - 7:54 pm ICT by admin
Caracas, April 6 (Prensa Latina) China and Venezuela have agreed to set up a joint venture in oil exploration in the South American country. According to a statement Saturday by state-run Petroleos de Venezuela (PDVSA), under the new agreement the Chinese National Petroleum Corporation Service and Engineering Ltd would transfer technology and provide personnel in oil exploration in the country.
PDVSA would handle 30 percent of all oil exploration and production activities in the country under the agreement. In return, it would increase crude oil supply to China by up to a million barrel per day before 2010, the statement said.
Luis Vierma, PDVSA vice president of exploration and production, said Venezuelan government, seeking more international partners in the oil sector, would stop looking to the north and instead widen its relations with countries like China.
China an agreement in force for oil exploration in the country’s Orinoco oil strip.
- Japan, South Korea plan big oil investments in Venezuela - Apr 30, 2012
- Venezuela boosts oil sales to China - Aug 14, 2012
- Venezuela, China announce joint oil venture - Apr 20, 2010
- Italian oil giant to invest $7 bn in Venezuela - Jul 16, 2011
- Russian firm to operate two oil fields in Venezuela - Apr 13, 2012
- Venezuela, Cuba sign oil exploration treaty - Apr 23, 2010
- Venezuelans protest against US sanctions - May 26, 2011
- Venezuela, China sign oil, mining agreements - Dec 24, 2009
- Cuba estimates 2011 oil, gas output at four mn tonnes - Dec 22, 2011
- ONGC-led consortium to invest $3 billion in Venezuela - Jul 11, 2012
- Venezuela pays Exxon $250 mn for nationalized assets - Feb 17, 2012
- Venezuela to pay nationalized US firms $420 mn - Mar 26, 2012
- Venezuela and Russia complete oil deal negotiations - Sep 14, 2009
- Mexican firm eyeing Cuba offshore oil projects - Apr 13, 2012
- Venezuela aims to boost oil output - Dec 21, 2011
Tags: caracas, china china, crude oil supply, exploration and production, international partners, joint venture, national petroleum corporation, oil exploration, oil majors, oil sector, orinoco oil, pdvsa, petroleos de venezuela, prensa latina, venezuelan government, venezuelan oil, vice president