Chinese, US presidents meet on bilateral tiesJune 20th, 2012 - 9:54 am ICT by IANS
Los Cabos (Mexico), June 20 (IANS) Chinese President Hu Jintao met his US counterpart Barack Obama here Tuesday on bilateral relations and major issues of common concern.
Over the past three months, working teams from both countries have carefully implemented the consensus reached between Chinese and US leaders and made new progress in building a cooperative partnership, Hu said.
A sound, stable and fruitful China-US relationship is in the fundamental interests of the two countries and also conducive to the regional and world peace and development, Xinhua quoted Hu as saying.
China highly appreciates President Obama’s important role in developing bilateral ties, Hu said.
China is willing to work together with the US to firmly stick to the trend of jointly building a cooperative partnership, continuously boost mutual trust and cooperation, he added.
Obama said the two countries have made substantial progress in the development of their ties for the past three-and-a-half-years.
The two sides have constructed a model for practical and active cooperation and carried out fruitful cooperation in world economy, bilateral trade and major international and regional issues, he said.
The two leaders met on the sidelines of the 7th summit of the G20, which convened Monday and Tuesday to focus on global growth and stability.
- Important for China to communicate with US: Hu - Nov 13, 2011
- Chinese president, Canadian PM discuss strategic ties - Sep 09, 2012
- China, US should promote peace in Asia-Pacific: Hu - May 03, 2012
- Clinton in Beijing for strategic, economic dialogue - May 02, 2012
- Chinese vice-president meets US president - Feb 15, 2012
- Chinese President Hu proposes four points to improve US relations - Jan 18, 2011
- Chinese, Mexican presidents discuss ties - Jun 18, 2012
- Hu Jintao's US visit 'made progress' in enhancing China-US ties: Expert - Jan 22, 2011
- Chinese President Hu urges U.S. Congress to facilitate bilateral relations - Jan 21, 2011
- China seeks closer ties with Germany - Feb 03, 2012
- Chinese president meets Clinton - Sep 05, 2012
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- Ties with China important, says US - Jan 19, 2012
- Chinese, South Korean presidents meet in Seoul - Mar 26, 2012
- Chinese president reaffirms support to Europe in debt crisis - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: barack obama, bilateral relations, bilateral ties, bilateral trade, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, cooperative partnership, fruitful cooperation, fundamental interests, global growth, hu jintao, los cabos, los cabos mexico, mutual trust, new progress, president hu jintao, regional issues, us counterpart, world economy, world peace