Chinese teen ends life over violenceJuly 11th, 2012 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 11 (IANS) A 13-year-old girl in China jumped to her death from the 7th floor of a building after leaving a note saying she could not bear the violence at home, a reported here Wednesday.
Sun Zhengwen had just finished her first year of middle school in Qingdao city of Shandong province, China Daily reported.
Students and teachers knew she was often abused by her parents, a classmate said.
Her father slapped her once when she couldn’t answer a geography question, her classmate Su Su said. Sun also complained that she almost lost hearing because of the violence.
- Five dead in China building fire - Apr 22, 2012
- Bengal student kills herself after being punished - Jul 27, 2012
- Teacher suspended for making students slap each other - Dec 19, 2011
- China launches first book on marine life - Aug 30, 2011
- China probes schoolgirl's suicidal jump - Nov 22, 2011
- 'Menstruating' hen blamed for bloody egg white - Mar 05, 2012
- Chinese teen commits suicide over dress code - May 01, 2012
- 240 tonnes of algae cleared from Chinese port - Jul 11, 2011
- China exports 120 trains to Sri Lanka - Jul 19, 2012
- Chinese gets jail term for Internet pornography - Feb 17, 2012
- Seven kids burnt in face for chatting in class - Dec 18, 2010
- Chinese judokas set sight on heavyweight classes - Jul 09, 2012
- Bored student's yawn dislocates her jaw - Apr 09, 2011
- Kite disrupts landings at China airport - May 05, 2012
- Chinese concerned at TV's negative effects - Feb 25, 2012