Chinese shuttlers carry own pillows to feel at homeAugust 8th, 2008 - 11:58 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 8 (Xinhua) The Chinese badminton team has found a good way of feeling at home - literally. All its members are carrying their own pillows while staying at the Olympic Village here. Chinese badminton team head coach Li Yongbo said that all his wards are fully prepared for the event.
“They even brought their own pillows to the Olympic Village so that they feel at home,” said Yongbo Thursday.
“Our shuttlers are in a better shape and they should have a huge advantage since they are competing on home courts,” Li said.
Yongbo said they were not too concerned about the draw.
“If you want to win the gold, the draw means nothing to you, as you have to beat every rival,” he stressed.
China bagged four golds in badminton at Sydney Olympics and three golds in Athens, and they are expected to win more golds this time.
- Wang Shixian left out Chinese Olympic badminton squad - Jul 11, 2012
- China's badminton coach plays down Olympic hopes - Jul 11, 2012
- Lin Dan in quest of second Olympic title as China set to stamp authority - Jul 12, 2012
- IOC to investigate coaches' role in badminton scandal - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympic badminton: Chinese off to a good start - Jul 29, 2012
- China vows to take back Uber Cup - May 18, 2012
- China harvests in 'backyard' sports but challenges loom ahead of Olympics - Dec 27, 2011
- 29 Olympic champions to spearhead China at London Games - Jul 10, 2012
- Lin Dan to lead China's challenge in Thomas Cup - May 18, 2012
- China plays down expectations for dominance at Olympics - Jul 26, 2012
- 'Saina will be among the world's top for some years' - Oct 01, 2010
- Indian athletes' London tryst amid soaring expectations - Jul 26, 2012
- Olympics will be tough, says Saina Nehwal - Jun 19, 2012
- Liu Xiang leads China's medal charge in London - Jul 09, 2012
- China's tennis team faces uphill task at London Olympics - Jul 09, 2012