Chinese serial killer shot deadAugust 14th, 2012 - 1:17 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 14 (IANS) A fugitive gunman who is suspected of killing nine in armed robberies since 2004 was shot dead Tuesday in southwest China’s Chongqing area, police said.
Zhou, described as “ruthless and highly dangerous” by China’s authorities, has become infamous for robbing people withdrawing money from banks and repeatedly dodging police manhunts, reported Xinhua.
Officials said the wanted suspect shot nine people dead and injured five over the past eight years. The latest victim was a Chongqing police officer who was trying to stop and question Zhou before he was shot over the weekend.
- Fugitive Chinese who killed nine shot dead (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Police launch manhunt for 'Chinese Rambo' - Aug 12, 2012
- China hunts for serial killer - Aug 13, 2012
- Chinese police hunt for suspect in armed robbery - Jan 06, 2012
- Extra marital affair suspected behind murder rampage in China - Apr 15, 2011
- Downpour wreaks havoc across China - Jul 24, 2012
- Chinese province school buses to have GPS - Feb 24, 2012
- 13 killed in China coal mine blast - Oct 19, 2011
- 14 Chinese kids rescued from human traffickers - Mar 11, 2012
- Chinese referee admits taking $256,000 in bribes (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- China cracks down on pornography - Oct 21, 2011
- China cracks down on rumours, removes 210,000 online posts - Apr 12, 2012
- 29 injured in China restaurant blast - Sep 17, 2011
- Chinese politician's wife probed over Briton's death (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- China vows to protect foreigners - Apr 21, 2012