Chinese president meets ClintonSeptember 5th, 2012 - 2:42 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 5 (IANS) President Hu Jintao met US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton here Wednesday and appreciated her efforts to push forward ties between the two countries.
Hu recalled Clinton’s last seven visits to China as the US Secretary of State, including four visits for the China-US Strategic and Economic Dialogue (SED) and another three for the High-Level Consultation on People-to-People Exchanges, reported Xinhua.
Hu commended Clinton’s efforts in promoting the construction of the US Pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo and the program for US students to study in China.
Hu also expressed appreciation of Clinton’s efforts to push forward relations between the two countries.
Clinton said that over the past three and a half years, there has been a great deal of cooperation and consultation between the US and China, including a meeting between President Hu Jintao and President Obama at the G20 summit in Mexico.
“We appreciate the in-depth and involvement that it has achieved,” she said.
Both sides have been able to explore areas of agreement and disagreement in an open manner, which demonstrates the maturity of their relationship, she said.
Clinton is currently on her second China trip of the year. In May, she attended the fourth round of the China-U. Strategic and Economic Dialogue as special representative of President Barack Obama.
The visit is also part of Clinton’s ongoing six-nation tour, which started Aug 30 and will also take her to the Cook Islands, Indonesia, East Timor, Brunei and Russia.
- Clinton in Beijing for strategic, economic dialogue - May 02, 2012
- Chinese President Hu proposes four points to improve US relations - Jan 18, 2011
- China seeks closer ties with Germany - Feb 03, 2012
- China, US should promote peace in Asia-Pacific: Hu - May 03, 2012
- Chinese President Hu urges U.S. Congress to facilitate bilateral relations - Jan 21, 2011
- US, China not rivals, but partners in cooperation: Hu, Obama - Nov 17, 2009
- China looking for common ground with US: President Hu - Jan 17, 2011
- Indian Navy ships in China next week, to expand strategic trust - Jun 07, 2012
- Chinese vice-president meets US president - Feb 15, 2012
- Clinton arrives in Beijing - May 02, 2012
- Chinese, US presidents meet on bilateral ties - Jun 20, 2012
- Ties with China important, says US - Jan 19, 2012
- Chinese president, Canadian PM discuss strategic ties - Sep 09, 2012
- Conciliatory China says US and Beijing should not see each other as a 'threat' - Sep 08, 2010
- Healthy, stable economic relations will help both China and US: Hu - Apr 02, 2010
Tags: agreement and disagreement, barack obama, china trip, chinese president, east timor, economic dialogue, g20 summit, half years, hillary clinton, hu jintao, level consultation, maturity, nation tour, open manner, president hu jintao, secretary of state, shanghai world expo, six nation, us secretary of state, xinhua