Chinese President Hu urges U.S. Congress to facilitate bilateral relationsJanuary 21st, 2011 - 4:59 am ICT by BNO News
WASHINGTON D.C. (BNO NEWS) — Chinese President Hu Jintao on Thursday urged the U.S. Congress to further facilitate bilateral relations, the state-run Xinhua news agency.
President Hu met with U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Speaker John Boehner on the Capitol Hill in the U.S. capital. The Chinese leader is on his second day of his U.S. visit.
“Pursuing a healthy and steady development of China-U.S. ties is China’s established policy and strategic choice,” said Hu. “Thanks to the two nations’ concerted efforts, the China-U.S. relationship has been moving forward steadily.”
Hu added that a healthy relationship between China and the U.S., two of the world’s most powerful nations, greatly contributes to global peace, stability and prosperity. The two countries established formal diplomatic relations 32 years ago.
“China is ready to work together with the U.S. side to enhance communication, mutual trust and cooperation, and work for a China-U.S. cooperative partnership based on mutual respect and mutual benefit,” the president remarked.
In recent times, an increasing number of U.S. lawmakers have been advocating and pushing for a stronger U.S.-China bilateral relationship. This is a result of parliamentary exchanges.
The National People’s Congress of China and the U.S. Congress have friendly exchanged lawmakers in order to promote mutual understanding between the two nations. China and the U.S. are two nations that differ in culture, social system and development level.
However, the two countries are two large economies and have great potential for economic and trade cooperation. Hu highlighted that both sides must apply an open, cooperative and win-win approach to achieve such goal.
“The United States and China share common interests in many fields and have seen their economies increasingly interconnected,” Reid said. “China’s investment in the United States helps create U.S. jobs.”
- Clinton in Beijing for strategic, economic dialogue - May 02, 2012
- Chinese President Hu proposes four points to improve US relations - Jan 18, 2011
- US, Chinese vice presidents discuss relations - Feb 08, 2012
- Ties with China important, says US - Jan 19, 2012
- Chinese, US presidents meet on bilateral ties - Jun 20, 2012
- Important for China to communicate with US: Hu - Nov 13, 2011
- China looking for common ground with US: President Hu - Jan 17, 2011
- China, US should promote peace in Asia-Pacific: Hu - May 03, 2012
- China seeks closer ties with Germany - Feb 03, 2012
- Hu Jintao's US visit 'made progress' in enhancing China-US ties: Expert - Jan 22, 2011
- Conciliatory China says US and Beijing should not see each other as a 'threat' - Sep 08, 2010
- Chinese president meets Clinton - Sep 05, 2012
- US, China not rivals, but partners in cooperation: Hu, Obama - Nov 17, 2009
- Chinese vice-president meets US president - Feb 15, 2012
- China willing to promote military ties with US - Aug 25, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,