‘Chinese Premier’s visit to India will smoothen two nations’ trade ties’December 14th, 2010 - 4:10 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, Dec 14 (ANI): Senior Chinese officials have said that Premier Wen Jiabao’s visit to India this week would pave the way for a number of commercial deals, which would eventually smoothen trade relations between the two emerging economies.
Wen is scheduled to visit India from December 15 to 17 before visiting Pakistan for two-days visit.
The China Daily quoted Liang Wentao, Deputy Director of the Department of Asian Affairs at the Ministry of Commerce, as saying that a large delegation comprising of over 100 senior business leaders would be accompanying Jiabao.
Meanwhile, Peng Gang, commercial counsellor of the Chinese Embassy in India, said both the countries are expected to sign over 30 deals, focusing mainly on iron ore, biochemical products and fabrics.
China is India’s biggest trading partner, and the value of bilateral trade is expected to pass 60 billion dollar mark next year, a 30-fold increase since 2000. However, the balance of trade is heavily in China’s favour. India’s trade deficit with China rose from a billion dollars in 2001-2 to 16 billion dollars in 2007-8, the paper said.
Wen’s visit would be the first to India by a Chinese premier in four years. (ANI)
- No issue off the table during Wen's India visit, says China - Dec 14, 2010
- China and India to sign economic and trade deals - Dec 13, 2010
- 'Ore, exploration can take India-China trade to $100 bn' - Nov 17, 2011
- Pakistan, China ink 20-bn-dollar deals in various fields - Dec 18, 2010
- Chinese Premier Jiabao heads to Pakistan to boost trade - Dec 17, 2010
- Chinese Premier Jiabao arrives in Pakistan on three-day visit - Dec 17, 2010
- Chinese Premier calls on opposition leader Sushma Swaraj in Delhi - Dec 17, 2010
- 'China has high expectations from Premier Wen's India visit' - Dec 15, 2010
- Chinese Premier Wen says his India visit will promote friendship - Dec 15, 2010
- China allays India's concerns over trade deficit - Dec 13, 2010
- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao to leave for Pak on Friday - Dec 16, 2010
- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao arrives in Delhi - Dec 15, 2010
- Premier Wen's visits to India, Pakistan produced strategic, fruitful results: Chinese FM - Dec 20, 2010
- China signs deal for 50 Airbus planes - Aug 30, 2012
- China non-committal on resolving visa issue - Dec 13, 2010
Tags: asian affairs, balance of trade, bilateral trade, billion dollars, biochemical products, china daily, chinese embassy in india, chinese officials, commercial counsellor, commercial deals, deputy director, dollar mark, embassy in india, emerging economies, iron ore, ministry of commerce, premier wen jiabao, trade deficit with china, trade ties, wen jiabao