Chinese official sentenced for embezzlementJune 5th, 2012 - 3:12 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 5 (IANS) A Chinese official in Henan province who bought a limousine for her husband with money she embezzled was sentenced to 12 years in jail, it was reported Tuesday.
Wang Cuiying, 47, former vice-chairman of the Puyang Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, embezzled more than 1.38 million yuan ($216,800), China Daily said.
She was then deputy chief of the financial bureau of Puyang government.
Using the money she embezzled, Wang purchased a Lexus in 2007 for her husband, the report said.
The court also found that she sold a state-owned villa for 780,000 yuan, and used the money to buy an apartment for herself in the tourism resort of Sanya.
Given the fact that Wang confessed her crime with a cooperative attitude, the court sentenced her to 12 years imprisonment and confiscated the embezzled money and assets.
- 74-year-old Chinese woman jailed for graft - Jun 05, 2012
- Beijing tax chief gets death sentence - May 10, 2012
- Chinese jailed for swindling girlfriend - Aug 19, 2012
- Former Chinese football bosses jailed for bribery - Jun 13, 2012
- Fake fortune teller jailed in Shanghai - Sep 10, 2012
- Chinese top cop faces trial for bribe, abusing power (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Chinese woman gets death for infant trafficking - Jun 17, 2012
- 60-year-old 'stud' in pregnancy trouble! - Mar 21, 2012
- Mother seeks mercy for son who stabbed her - Nov 01, 2011
- China jails soccer officials for corruption - Feb 18, 2012
- Chinese patient jailed for hospital stabbing - Apr 21, 2012
- Three charged in deadly China bombing - Mar 31, 2012
- Chinese businesswoman's death sentence upheld - Jan 18, 2012
- To stop girlfriend, Chinese man says bomb on plane - Aug 11, 2010
- Action against 113 in China's tainted pork scandal - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: apartment, assets, beijing, china daily, chinese official, cooperative attitude, deputy chief, embezzlement, imprisonment, lexus, limousine, money, political consultative conference, sanya, tourism resort, vice chairman, yuan