Chinese official fired after crash site smileSeptember 21st, 2012 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 21 (IANS) A Chinese official was shown the door after he was photographed smiling at the scene of a deadly bus crash, authorities said Friday.
The accident took place in Shaanxi province last month.
Yang Dacai was head of the provincial work safety administration.
He was photographed smiling while inspecting a collision between a bus and a tanker Aug 26 that left 36 people dead, the Shanghai Daily reported.
His expression was seen as unsympathetic and aroused wide public indignation.
- 'Grinning' Chinese official sacked (Lead) - Sep 21, 2012
- 47 killed in two China expressway collisions - Aug 26, 2012
- Eight killed in China road accident - Jun 30, 2012
- 28 killed in China road accident - Aug 26, 2012
- 5 killed in China bus accident - Jun 30, 2012
- Six dead in China road accident - Jun 01, 2012
- 13 dead in China road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- Five killed in China road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- Afghanistan: At least 53 killed after bus crashes head-on with tanker in Ghazni - Sep 17, 2012
- China lowers speed limit of bullet trains - Aug 11, 2011