Chinese military develops video gameMay 16th, 2011 - 5:23 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 16 (IANS) Chinese soldiers will soon be able to play a video game and learn combat, a media report said.
People’s Liberation Army (PLA) officers and soldiers will get to play the army’s first self-developed military game, which is in the final stages of development.
The video game - Mission of Honor - was co-developed by the PLA’s Nanjing command and the Wuxi Giant Interactive Group Inc, the China Daily cited the PLA Daily as reporting.
It is about a soldier at a military camp, and the final mission is to complete a large-scale military drill called “Mission of Honor”.
The game is divided into three modules - basic training, individual mission and team combat. The players get to turn into a veteran from a rookie.
The media report said that military games are played in some military commands, but those games had been developed by foreign countries with different military values.
Citing soldiers, the report said that those who tried playing the game are of the opinion that it was “quite fun” and like a simple military textbook that features professional combat skills and command passwords.
- China's military video game to be commercialised - Aug 12, 2011
- Chinese military video game released - Jun 28, 2011
- China prepares for hi-tech modern warfare - Apr 23, 2011
- Over 6,000 Maoists 'retire' in Nepal - Apr 20, 2012
- PLA regrouping process begins in Nepal - Nov 19, 2011
- China denies readying for war with Philippines - May 12, 2012
- US military exchanges ban video game allowing Taliban to take pot shots at US soldiers - Sep 04, 2010
- Nepal Maoists' China trip row escalates - Oct 26, 2010
- China to better manage army assets - Oct 25, 2011
- Chinese Army holds Yellow Sea drill - Jul 20, 2010
- China's defence ministry releases iPhone app - Aug 09, 2011
- Violent video games may help soldiers sleep better - Mar 09, 2011
- Videogame manufacturer to stop players assuming role of Taliban - Oct 02, 2010
- Chinese daily stresses political discipline - Apr 10, 2012
- Colombian rebels say they are holding French reporter - May 07, 2012
Tags: china daily, chinese soldiers, combat skills, foreign countries, game mission, interactive group, liberation army, military camp, military commands, military drill, military game, military games, military values, nanjing, playing the game, report said that, stages of development, team combat, video game, wuxi