Chinese jailed for swindling girlfriendAugust 19th, 2012 - 3:01 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 19 (IANS) A Chinese man has been sentenced to four years in prison for duping his girlfriend of about 200,000 yuan (about $32,000) to avenge her alleged betrayal.
The man began dating the foot massage parlour worker in 2009. But he suspected she was having affairs with other men, Shanghai Daily reported Sunday.
To teach her a lesson, Wang told his girlfriend that his sister had died and her former husband was trying to take ownership of two apartments that belonged to his family.
His girlfriend gave Wang 100,000 yuan to pay a lawyer and another 96,000 yuan to cover other lawsuit fees. Later, the woman became suspicious and alerted police.
- 60-year-old 'stud' in pregnancy trouble! - Mar 21, 2012
- Stepfather held in China for drowning kid - Feb 04, 2012
- Man attacking call girls held - Jan 12, 2012
- 12-year jail for swindler in China - Apr 07, 2012
- Chinese man held for filming neighbour taking shower - Aug 15, 2011
- Beijing English teacher wants to buy Obama speeches - Jul 10, 2012
- Mother seeks mercy for son who stabbed her - Nov 01, 2011
- Chinese man compensated for auction fraud - Jul 26, 2012
- Chinese firm told to pay up for selling old car - Mar 03, 2012
- Licence plates costlier than cars in China - Feb 20, 2012
- Chinese police hunt for suspect in armed robbery - Jan 06, 2012
- Chinese tutorial on how to find rich husbands! - Jul 11, 2012
- Chinese official who kept sex diary jailed - Dec 15, 2010
- Chinese man sentenced to death for gold robbery - Jun 10, 2011
- To stop girlfriend, Chinese man says bomb on plane - Aug 11, 2010