Chinese hostage-taker shot deadJuly 20th, 2012 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 20 (IANS) A man in the Chinese capital was shot dead by police after he took a woman security officer hostage at knife-point at a metro station. The hostage was saved.
The incident took place at the Hujialou station Thursday night, the China Daily reported Friday.
Police said the reasons behind the attack remain unknown.
The unnamed man grabbed the woman security officer standing near a ticketing machine at the station around 9 p.m. Passengers tried to persuade the man to release the woman, but he refused and threatened to kill her.
Police asked a negotiator to persuade the suspect to give himself up. After 70 minutes of negotiations, the suspect injured the woman with his knife, forcing police to shoot him.
- Chinese who took girl hostage shot dead - Aug 11, 2012
- Kidnapper holding girl shot dead - Aug 12, 2012
- Man beaten for exposing himself in Shanghai metro - Jun 20, 2012
- Man kills woman, hijacks bus, shot dead in China - Jun 11, 2011
- Bus passengers lynch robber in Mexico - May 25, 2012
- Chinese map shows theft-prone spots - Nov 25, 2011
- Man wanting to fight demons, demands death on camera - Mar 15, 2012
- Man robbed of car on highway - Apr 18, 2011
- 13-year-old girl raped, accused held in Delhi - Mar 11, 2011
- Youth slits wrists at Delhi police station, arrested (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Extra metro trains for trade fair - Nov 17, 2011
- Youth slits wrists at Delhi police station - Jun 12, 2012
- Two children stabbed to death in Jaipur - Aug 14, 2012
- Gunman takes hostage aboard Dutch train - Feb 19, 2010
- Chinese woman saved from coming under metro train - Aug 15, 2011