Chinese county commission warns of big fine for having babies outside marriageSeptember 8th, 2010 - 5:18 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, Sept 8 (ANI): A new regulation announced by the Chongqing Family Planning Commission says married people having babies outside marriage will be treated as serious offenders.
People giving birth out of wedlock will face a possible fine of up to 250,000 Yuan (36,725 dollars), the China Daily quoted a report in Chongqing Economic Times, as saying.
The social compensation fee, which is the lowest level of the fine for this wrongdoing, is six times the city’s disposable personal income of the previous year, while the highest is nine times that of the earlier year.
For example, if a couple gave birth in 2009 outside marriage, each of them would be required to pay 86,160 Yuan (the 2008 disposable personal income of the city was 14,360 Yuan) if their disposable income was lower than the previous year, 129,240 Yuan each if it was higher, the paper reports.
An unmarried couple having a baby would be charged 6,000 Yuan (882 dollars) in social compensation fees.
The price for extra births of married couples would be two to six times the disposable personal income of the preceding year. (ANI)
- Have kids outside marriage, pay hefty fines - Sep 03, 2010
- Half of Brit kids 'see parents divorce before they reach 16' - Apr 18, 2011
- Childbirths outside wedlock in Britain at its highest in 200 years - Apr 19, 2011
- Marriage with Perry had worked: Brand - Jun 14, 2012
- Chinese men to find it tougher to get wives - Jul 11, 2010
- Chinese women resort to illegal fertility methods - Jun 27, 2010
- 38 couples tie the knot at inter-caste mass wedding in Agra - Jun 10, 2012
- Violent relationships smother good parenting - Mar 04, 2012
- Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes to marry long-term boyfriend - Jan 15, 2011
- Woman strangles her newborn baby in Dubai airport - Dec 28, 2010
- Marriage 'doesn't stabilize relationships' - Jul 07, 2010
- China's Wal-Mart stores closed over pork fraud - Oct 10, 2011
- Meghalaya's married job seekers need to give wedlock proof - Aug 08, 2011
- Chinese family sheds clothes for child's hospital bills - Nov 29, 2011
- Romanian woman says 10-yr-old daughter giving birth is a normal ritual - Nov 04, 2010
Tags: beijing, births, china daily, disposable income, disposable personal income, economic times, family planning, giving birth, having a baby, having babies, marriage, married couples, nine times, planning commission, previous year, six times, unmarried couple, wedlock, wrongdoing, yuan