Chinese, Bangladeshi legislators hold talksOctober 13th, 2011 - 12:37 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Oct 12 (IANS) Top Chinese and Bangladeshi legislators met Wednesday and vowed to strengthen parliamentary cooperation between the two countries.
“China and Bangladesh are friendly neighbours. It is a fixed policy for China to further consolidate and promote their friendly cooperation,” said Wu Bangguo, chairman of the standing committee of the National People’s Congress (NPC), China’s top legislative body, Xinhua reported.
He briefed his Bangladeshi counterpart Abdul Hamid on China’s system of people’s congresses and said that parliamentary relations are an important part of overall China-Bangladesh relations.
Wu called on the two sides to carry out exchanges at multiple levels, learn more from each other in the construction of their democratic and legal systems, promote economic development and improve the livelihoods of their people.
Hamid, Speaker of the Bangladeshi National Assembly, said China is Bangladesh’s trustworthy friend and has provided the country with long-term assistance.
The Bangladeshi National Assembly will further strengthen communication with the NPC, promote cooperation between the two countries and enhance ties between the peoples, Hamid said.
Wu, who is also a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC), said China will deepen political mutual trust with Bangladesh, expand cooperation and cultural exchanges, strengthen multilateral coordination and bring their comprehensive partnership to a new high.
Hamid reiterated Bangladesh’s adherence to the one-China policy.
Hamid is on a six-day official visit to China at the invitation of Wu.
- China, Indonesia vow to boost ties - Mar 24, 2012
- China seeks closer ties with Sri Lanka - Sep 18, 2012
- Trade between Russia, China to reach $70 bn: Putin - Sep 15, 2011
- Nepali president meets visiting Chinese leader - Nov 08, 2011
- China to focus on revising and improving laws: Wu Bangguo - Mar 10, 2011
- China still a developing country, claims top legislator Wu Bangguo - Oct 01, 2010
- China will face "abyss of internal disorder" if it strays: lawmaker - Mar 12, 2011
- China's top lawmaker rules out western- style political reforms - Mar 11, 2011
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- China, Bangladesh hold discussions - Oct 18, 2011
- India signs umbrella pact with Maldives, to fight terror - Nov 12, 2011
- Chinese legislator meets Nitish Kumar - Jun 18, 2011
- Chinese MP meets Nitish Kumar (Lead) - Jun 18, 2011
- China, Pakistan pledge to deepen defence ties - Jun 18, 2010
- Amid China's overtures, Manmohan to court Maldives - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: adherence, central committee of the communist party, china policy, communist party of china, cpc, cultural exchanges, hamid, legislative body, legislators, livelihoods, mutual trust, national assembly, npc, parliamentary relations, s system, standing committee, term assistance, trustworthy friend, wu bangguo, xinhua