Chinese Army holds Yellow Sea drillJuly 20th, 2010 - 3:16 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 20 (ANI): The People’s Liberation Army (PLA) held a military supply drill in the Yellow Sea over the weekend, amid reports of tension over a scheduled joint exercise between the American and South Korean navies.
According to the China Daily, the PLA’s General Logistics Department and the Office of Transport and Combat Readiness co-organized the latest drill, which started on Saturday “deep in the Yellow Sea”.
Codenamed “Warfare 2010″, the exercise involved troops from the Jinan Military Region and staff of the Ministry of Transport, Xinhua reported.
The drill was aimed at improving defense capabilities against long-distance attacks.
Four helicopters and four rescue vessels were deployed for the exercise. Tanks were also loaded onto vessels at a port in Yantai, Shandong province, on Sunday.
Similarly, rail transported tanks to ships and other military equipment was transferred to vessels, Xinhua reported.
The exercise focused on transporting military supplies for future joint battles, Xinhua quoted drill commander Zuo Xiaohu, as saying.
The drill comes at a sensitive time with Washington and Seoul scheduled to hold a joint military exercise in the Yellow Sea.
The PLA has described the Yellow Sea drill as only a regular mission. (ANI)
- China, Russia hold joint naval exercise - Apr 22, 2012
- China conducts two military drills to test long-range striking ability - Jul 29, 2010
- Russian warships in China for joint exercise - Apr 21, 2012
- Russia, China complete first stage of naval drills - Apr 25, 2012
- S Korea, US to hold more antisubmarine drills - Aug 19, 2010
- S. Korea hold new massive army, air force drills in show of force against N. Korea - Dec 23, 2010
- China expresses "deep concern" over US-ROK September military drills - Jul 22, 2010
- Third US aircraft carrier during naval drill to up Korean Peninsula crisis: Analyst - Dec 27, 2010
- S.Korea says will continue live-fire drill off coast next week - Dec 12, 2010
- Sri Lanka, India hold largest naval exercise - Sep 19, 2011
- US aircraft carrier to join new South Korean naval drill - Aug 06, 2010
- Kim Jong-un signs order of battle - Aug 27, 2012
- Pyongyang protests US-South Korea military drill - Mar 04, 2012
- Russia, China to conduct military drill - Apr 04, 2012
- China to conduct naval drill - Aug 29, 2010
Tags: china daily, chinese army, combat readiness, defense capabilities, general logistics, liberation army, logistics department, military equipment, military exercise, military supplies, military supply, ministry of transport, navies, pla, rescue vessels, sensitive time, shandong province, xinhua, yantai shandong, yellow sea