China’s railways to increase upto 120,000 km by 2015April 27th, 2011 - 5:50 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, Apr 27 (ANI): China’s total mileage of railways will be increased to 120, 000 kilometers by the end of year 2015, said an official.
China currently has 91,000 kilometers of railways, The Xinhua quoted Sheng Guangzu, Railway Minister, as saying.
Guangzu said this at a meeting celebrating the 150th birth anniversary of Zhan Tianyou’s, who is known as ‘Father of China’s railroad’.
He was the chief engineer responsible for construction of the Imperial Beijing-Zhangjiakou Railway, the first railway built in China without foreign assistance.
Guangzu said all railway engineers and workers should use Zhan as their model to achieve the goal of modernizing the nation’s railways as soon as possible. (ANI)
- Chinese railway minister sacked over corruption - Feb 14, 2011
- High-speed rail network to continue: China's Railway Minister - Mar 06, 2011
- Chinese minister sacked from party post - Feb 12, 2011
- 60-Mile Long Traffic Jam In China's Beijing-Zhangjiakou Highway Completes 9th Day - Aug 24, 2010
- China orders train safety review - Jul 27, 2011
- Chinese railway minister sacked for indiscipline - Feb 25, 2011
- China cuts railway budget - Dec 24, 2011
- China to remove luxury seats from bullet trains - Apr 21, 2011
- Economic cuts to slow down China's high-speed rail network - May 04, 2011
- 100-year-old Chinese book mentioned Titanic - Apr 10, 2012
- Portion of China's Great Wall collapses after rains - Aug 09, 2012
- Mom cuts son's penis because she wanted a girl - Jan 17, 2012
- China eyes 'comprehensive' transport network - Mar 21, 2012
- Bullet trains to run slow on Beijing-Shanghai route - Apr 21, 2011
- A Chinese family that has made liquor for 400 years - Sep 26, 2011