China’s mobile phone users rise to 574 mnApril 26th, 2008 - 1:28 am ICT by admin
Beijing, April 25 (Xinhua) The number of mobile phone subscribers in China has risen to 574 million by March as more fixed-line users switched to mobile services on lower rates, according to the ministry of industry and information. The number was 27.3 million more than it was at the end of last year, the ministry said.
The nation’s fixed-line operators lost 4.4 million subscribers in the first quarter, reducing the total fixed-line users to 361 million by the end of last month.
China’s mobile phones users sent 174.9 billion text messages in the first quarter, up 28.8 percent from the same period last year.
The telecom industry reported revenue of 194.1 billion yuan ($27.7 billion ), 10.8 percent higher than a year ago.
- A billion cellphone users in China! - Apr 20, 2012
- China has 1.06 bn mobile phone connections - Aug 28, 2012
- China has 952 mn mobile phone users - Oct 28, 2011
- China's telecommunication sector revenue up - Feb 07, 2012
- China has 900 mn mobile phone users - May 24, 2011
- China has 1.13 bn phone users by August - Sep 25, 2010
- China nearing billion-mark in mobile phone users - Aug 30, 2011
- China records over 1 billion cell phone users - Mar 30, 2012
- Chinese firm says its 3G subscribers top 36 mn - Dec 20, 2011
- China's phone users surpass 1.1 billion mark - Jun 29, 2010
- China's phone users top 1.1 bn - Jun 29, 2010
- China's mobile phone users exceed 940 mn - Sep 26, 2011
- 152 mn 3G users in China - May 18, 2012
- Free online service for two hours in Shanghai - Sep 15, 2010
- India's 300 mn mobile phone 'ghosts' (Comment) - May 04, 2011
Tags: 1 billion, beijing, china, first quarter, line operators, line users, million subscribers, mobile phone subscribers, mobile phone users, mobile phones, mobile services, telecom industry, text messages, xinhua, yuan