China’s defence ministry releases iPhone appAugust 9th, 2011 - 3:35 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 9 (IANS) China’s defence ministry has launched its official iPhone app which will allow users to track the activities of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA), a media report said.
China Daily reported that the ministry launched the first application on the Apple Store and it will allow users to track what the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) is doing.
The application is a newsreader and it gives the latest information, pictures and videos for smartphone users.
It is based on a mobile operating system that supports Apple devices like the iPhone.
“Users will not only receive important information released on that day by the ministry, but also comprehensive coverage of key military issues, as well as breaking news from the PLA Daily,” the ministry said.
The growth in the iPhone market in the country increased by nearly 250 percent year-over-year during the first quarter of 2011, said the website ismashphone.com,
China is now the second-largest iPhone app market in the world after the US.
Peng Guangqian, a military strategist, said the ministry’s app will help people know more about the country’s military development and eliminate misunderstandings caused by rumours.
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- Facebook smartphone to be 'released next year' - May 28, 2012
- Chinese downloads 25 billionth app - Mar 06, 2012
- US soldier develops Taliban-tracking iPhone application - Jan 26, 2011
- China's defensive military policy won't change - Jul 29, 2011
- Your iPhones may reveal your secret flings! - Apr 22, 2011
- Beijing firm to launch CDMA iPhone 4S - Jan 31, 2012
- Smartphone users reject apps over privacy issues - Sep 06, 2012
- Your iPhone could be spying on you - Dec 20, 2010
- Apple's market share growth pauses - Aug 15, 2012
- Apple removes spam message app from App Store - Jul 06, 2012
- Facebook Used By 100 Million Apple Users! - Aug 24, 2010
- Apple working on less expensive iPhones - Feb 14, 2011
- Beware: Ads in mobile apps fraught with security risk - Mar 20, 2012
- New mobile app developed to monitor data theft - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: apple store, beijing, breaking news, china daily, defence ministry, first quarter, important information, iphone, liberation army, military development, military issues, military strategist, misunderstandings, operating system, pla