China will face “abyss of internal disorder” if it strays: lawmakerMarch 12th, 2011 - 1:35 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, Mar. 12 (ANI): One of China’s top legislators has warned of a possible “abyss of internal disorder” if the country strays from the “correct political orientation”.
China will never adopt a multi-party revolving-door system or other Western-style political models, Wu Bangguo, the chairman of the National People’s Congress (NPC) Standing Committee, said while delivering a work report.
The establishment of a socialist law system, with Chinese characteristics, institutionally and legally ensures the country stays on the right path, he told about 3,000 NPC deputies.
“On the basis of China’s conditions, we’ve made a solemn declaration that we’ll not employ a system of multiple parties holding office in rotation,” The China Daily quoted him, as saying.
He ruled out the possibility of separating executive, legislative and judicial powers, adopting a bicameral or federal system, and said privatization was not under consideration.
“Following our own path and building socialism with Chinese characteristics is … the only correct road to development and progress for our country,” Wu said.
So far, China has enacted 239 laws, over 690 administrative regulations and more than 8,600 local statutes, covering every area of economic, political, cultural, social and ecological development.
Wu also made it clear that while China wants to improve its legal system, it will “never blindly follow or imitate others”. (ANI)
- China's top lawmaker rules out western- style political reforms - Mar 11, 2011
- Chinese, Bangladeshi legislators hold talks - Oct 13, 2011
- China, Indonesia vow to boost ties - Mar 24, 2012
- Trade between Russia, China to reach $70 bn: Putin - Sep 15, 2011
- China to focus on revising and improving laws: Wu Bangguo - Mar 10, 2011
- China still a developing country, claims top legislator Wu Bangguo - Oct 01, 2010
- Chinese leaders watch Peking Opera - Dec 30, 2011
- Merkel concludes China visit - Feb 04, 2012
- China seeks closer ties with Sri Lanka - Sep 18, 2012
- China mulls equal ratio of rural, urban lawmakers - Mar 08, 2012
- Chinese article on reforms appears critical of Premier Jiabao: NYT - Oct 28, 2010
- Indonesia, China reach $17 billion cooperation deals - Mar 24, 2012
- Marry Western thought with Chinese reality, says daily - Aug 22, 2012
- Sri Lanka look to China to develop sports infrastructure - Sep 19, 2012
- China mulls human rights, torture in criminal law reform - Mar 08, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,